Did I miss the memo?

dthome

Reaction score
I just watched some neighbors lead their dogs up to another neighbor’s yard to make their “deposit”. They quickly picked up the poop, but I found it strange that they thought it was ok to freely use their neighbor’s front lawn as a dog latrine. Did I miss the memo where this is acceptable, or what?

Planetcat

Reaction score
Its like my neighbor who parks his car in front of everyone elses house on the block, but leaves the front of his house open. I ran into him after a bad day at work and let him have it. The other neighbors thanked me. Some people are just clueless idiots.

Plain ol' Steve

Reaction score
Its like my neighbor who parks his car in front of everyone elses house on the block, but leaves the front of his house open. I ran into him after a bad day at work and let him have it. The other neighbors thanked me. Some people are just clueless idiots.
Haha. I didn't know that was even a thing. The same problem has been driving my wife and some neighbors bat chit. I didn't care but I had tot talk to them in order to maintain sanity in the home. They didn't want to park in their own driveway because the car was leaking oil. So better in front of my house than in front of theirs? Then I got the pleasure of cleaning the oil stains in front of my home from their car.

Limited Out

Reaction score
What you are seeing is an overall decline in respect for others, honesty, truthfulness, ethical behavior, and integrity, these are a thing of the past. These are principles I try and drive home with my kids and grand kids. I guess I'm just old school, pretty hard to tolerate when you see this behavior all around you, and your kids say everybody else is doing this! If these kids are going to slip up, they know better than to violate one of these four basic principles around me!

P304X4

Reaction score
We have several older neighbors that walk their dogs through the subdivision. I don't get upset when a dog leaves a deposit as long as the owner makes a quick withdrawal. No one seems to be 'targeting' any specific yard. One added plus: our new "Rat" barks at any dogs she sees out frount a makes them want to "hold it" till their further down the street. :big-grin-aqua:

Last edited:

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
My neighbor wants me to walk the dogs through his property since he is often away. However, I don't walk them on other peoples property.

TheGDog

Reaction score
1) The guy with his car can park anywhere on public streets he manages to find. The spot in front of your home is not yours by any stretch of the imagination. Any and everybody who has a paid and current registration on their vehicle can park there.
2) Dog's have the poop come where-ever the heck they happen to be at the time. As long as the owner is doing his due-diligence and picking it up, what's your issue? What does it matter?

I have a BIG problem when the owner doesn't do his part though.

I've had to use leaves...and even had to pull out a dollar bill one time because I'd ran out of bags and there were no leaves around! I've also gone home...gotten bags... then gone back to the scene of the crime to do my part. And that is why the following story I will tell pisses me off something fierce.

Few years back we had this neighbor person... only lives like 5 houses up the block.... her and her aging Yellow Labs left several gnarly horse-turd sized poops... longer than my size 10's.... right smack dab in the centerline of the sidewalk!... and right-smack-dab in the center of our driveway cutout. And I know it was her 'cause ain't no other dogs around here had anuses that dang big. Oh... and it was Summer!

And I don't get it... because you're right there in the driveway...BOOM! right there just a few feet away is the curbside grass, so WTF? Just urgently drag your dog by the leash or shove'em over there if you're not using a leash. It's what I would have done.

I made sure to put that on blast in the community FB page we happen to have. Soo not cool.

And just a little FYI, me, my neighbor, and his sister which lives next to him... we all have children around the same age...whom... as you can imagine... would be playing in the evenings during Summer. That's what really riled me about it. That it was right smack dab in the center of the sidewalk! No shame. No shame whatsoever. I don't care what you say... that's just laziness, pure and simple.

TheGDog

Reaction score
RE: overall decline in respect for others - Yes indeed! Something that I've experienced several times now?... some younger idiot playing audio out of a cellphone... while in an eating establishment!!! Are you serious!!!???

I'll tell ya... I'd sure as heck like to have a meeting with their mothers and fathers where there was no cameras rolling, if ya feel me.

dthome

Reaction score
What does it matter? Well, it didn’t happen to me, but I don’t make it a habit of wandering on to my neighbor’s property and doing whatever the heck I want. This was not a case of a dog escaping its owner's control, only to poop in someone's yard. This was a dog on a leash, and the owner walked it up to the middle of someone else's lawn, then waited for their dog to do its business.
Do you let your neighbors park in your driveway as long as they move when you need them to? Do they picnic on your lawn as long as they clean up? It’s not their property, that’s why it's not acceptable.

Last edited:

Stevehazard

Reaction score
It went out with the same memo that said it's OK to bag up your dogs crap and then leave the bag and crap on the trail.

Common Sense

Reaction score
My two next door neighbors don’t ask permission to use my yard or tools or whatever. They will both enter my house when I am not home and steal an egg or milk from my refrigerator.

One has been my neighbor for fifty years the other is my daughter who has been my neighbor for twenty years.

Plain ol' Steve

Reaction score
1) The guy with his car can park anywhere on public streets he manages to find. The spot in front of your home is not yours by any stretch of the imagination. Any and everybody who has a paid and current registration on their vehicle can park there.
Not exactly. You see more and more we are governed by home owners associations, like it or not. In my home owners association it spells out that the first two cars must be parked in the garage and that any additional cars should be parked in the driveway and that the street (which is only quasi public because it is funded by Mello-Roos tax) is to be used for temporary parking. So when you have a Jack Wagon who decides to park his unwashed, oil dripping, brake squealing, paint fading piece of crap in front of your home when he has vacancies in his garage, driveway and in front of his own home he is violating not only the coded rules but also a common code of decency as pointed out by Limited Out. And the mere fact that it is codified by the Association kinda suggests that this is common decency.

Plain ol' Steve

Reaction score
What does it matter? Well, it didn’t happen to me, but I don’t make it a habit of wandering on to my neighbor’s property and doing whatever the heck I want. This was not a case of a dog escaping its owner's control, only to poop in someone's yard. This was a dog on a leash, and the owner walked it up to the middle of someone else's lawn, then waited for their dog to do its business.
Do you let your neighbors park in your driveway as long as they move when you need them to? Do they picnic on your lawn as long as they clean up? It’s not their property, that’s why it's not acceptable.
No but we let undocumented visitors stay in our country as long as they want so why not? LOL. I think I may have gone off topic.

pilgrimbizket

Reaction score
What country? Land without borders is no country.

It's the slime in the government who are desperately trying to change the demographic of the country. Funny how most of them are dual citizens of Isreal. They have no problem giving 38 billion dollars over 10 years to Isreal for a border wall, while the invasion continues domestically.

TheGDog

Reaction score
No but we let undocumented visitors stay in our country as long as they want so why not? LOL. I think I may have gone off topic.
Hrmm... sound like there was a bit of information NOT shared in the original post. didn't recall reading that they purposefully walked into the middle of the property. And judging from the way it's now being discussed.... I'm now getting the impression we're talking about a more rural setting? Naturally, living in a metro, non-rural setting, my assumption was somebody happened to be walking along the sidewalk, and their dog pooped on your lawn, and ya went bonkers about it. If I'm hearing you correctly now... you're saying these are larger properties in a more rural setting... and the person chose to walk a ways up onto the property up from a road? I can see how that would be a lil different, certainly.

RE: your driveway - No, it is illegal.. even for YOU.. to park in your own driveway cutout at the curbside. Your driveway itself, the part that's on your property, that's just part of your private property, so you *can* ask them to leave it. But it is part of the "public easement" so you can't consider it trespassing yet if someone walks up it, since you do not have a fence expressly keeping them out starting back at your property line. An example would be if you shot them while they were on your driveway... you'd better darn well be able to prove they were rushing at you or something like that and that your life was in danger, otherwise you'd go away for a long time.

TheGDog

Reaction score
What country? Land without borders is no country.

It's the slime in the government who are desperately trying to change the demographic of the country. Funny how most of them are dual citizens of Isreal. They have no problem giving 38 billion dollars over 10 years to Isreal for a border wall, while the invasion continues domestically.
YES!!! And Heaven help you if you happen to call this out! Faster than a heartbeat "Anti-Semitic" will fly out of somebodies mouth... and you'll be blacklisted somewhere. Believe that! And it's scary too... because there is no discernable "look" or surnames to clue you in anymore. There's been a long enough amount of time of inter-marriages and what not that you can't always spot that "Tribe" connection right away. Scary stuff because they are THEE most ethno-centric group on the entire planet!

Like nowadays... whenever somebody get elected in California, where, it doesn't make sense to me... on a hunch.. I'll do some Research... and invariably you will see in a small number of hops that this person has ties with "Tribe". An example would be Gavin Newsom.

Last edited:

TheGDog

Reaction score
It went out with the same memo that said it's OK to bag up your dogs crap and then leave the bag and crap on the trail.
Or the one that said it's OK to leave your kids DIAPER... at the base of a Tree on the Trail (not far from the parking lot) AND THE RAG YOU WIPED HIS ASS WITH.... laid purpoefully upon a broken and erect limb that happened to be there. Like some kind of strange alter to the Diaper Poop Gods or something! Most disrespectful thing I've ever seen. If you have a kid who wears Diapers... you have a damn diaper bag, don't say you don't 'cause you know you do! Go fetch that isht and handle your business!

Top Bottom