Did you over cut your foam??

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
For those of us who tend to be less than graceful, or for the beginners out there, I've come across--purely by 'accident', I must say--a solution for the eternal 'what if I cut it wrong???' question. Although I sew avidly, the man's work requires absolutely no stray threads of any kind (welding on GIANT boilers, etc...) so I use a product called 'Tear Mender" that I got at JoAnn Fabrics. Well, while he is out repairing those dang boilers that keep falling apart, I am here working on his digital cam and overcut the foam. Hmmmm... now what? Try the Tear Mender... it says it bonds 'anything'. (or almost anything...) It works to glue that little 'section' that just didn't quite work right..... Just be careful not to over apply or it will soak into the foam and collapse it into a hard ball of glue..... Found that out the hard way, too.
Just thought that might help someone out there, even those who won't admit it....

harleydavidone

Reaction score
Good post, I had always had a new block to start over but they are running low now from my past goof-ups, I will try it.

Muddy Z

Reaction score
Sounds like a great tip.

Where do you get your foam in the first place?

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
My foam comes from an old full sized mattress (obviously not the spring type) that noone needed any more. Should be able to make plenty out of that, huh?

Top Bottom