did you see this trailcam before?

troll

Reaction score
Hard to tell, but that looks like a PF in there.

Welby

Reaction score
Not only is that a PF in there, but it almost looks like an experimental fiberglass housing I made several months ago.

On the subject of manufactured cameras, on a recent trip to Mossy Oak in West Point I looked inside a Highlander Photoscout (I think that is what it was called) and what to my wondering eyes did appear but a Canon Sure Shot Owl Date camera and other familiar gear.  Looked not much different from our own home-engineered gizmos.

gizz

Reaction score
If you click on the "features" you'll find that the cam comes standard with and OWL BF/DATE, for extra $$ you can get the OWL PF/DATE or the YASHICA T-4 Weatherproof camera.  The sensitivity is variable as well. Looks like a pretty decent setup.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi yoteee,
That's a fairly new entry into the trail-cam market.
The smaller size/light weight is a great feature. The housing is plastic and has what sounds like a flimsy cast-in plastic hinge - they call it a "silent hinge"  The ability of the lid to seal well looks questionable.
The security is just a "warning" sticker.
Don't know which motion sensor they used, but it sounds like a good one - I like the sensitivity adjustment.
Like to see a bit longer delays available - to about 1/2 hour or so for use at bait stations.
All the manufacturers seem to use the same 4 or 5 cameras - guess there are only a few on the market that work well in a trail-cam.
While it looks a lot better than several of the "El-cheapo" cams on the market, the $300+ price tag seems a bit high.

Archilochus $0.02

Top Bottom