Dig cam

passgas55

Reaction score
Today I bought a digtal cam for $30 at walmart. It is called a Easy Shot made by Concord also goes by the name jamcam 3.0. 640x480 only 8 pics internally with a optional MMC for more pic s(I think theMMC cost more than the cam).Cam and software works great considering the price.Now the check out for gam cam use.1) does turn off after 2 min.,2) weak flash,3)uses a 9v bat but draws 65 ma and every 4 seconds it spikes up to a good 110 ma.  I think it has a chance of use. Took it apart only 4 screws and removed circuit board 3 screws. The picture snap was easy to fig. out. The on button is another story. My game plan if possible was to have a relay turn on cam button for 1 sec and then a second relay to hold in 4 sec on the pic switch.I guess I need a 2 stage timer of some sort that will kick in 1st stage for a sec with about a sec delay before second stage kicks in for 4 sec.This way I save on 9 volt bat instead of a refresh circuit. All I have to do now is get enough nerve to remove that on switch to see how it works.(bad eye sight, small switch)No turning back then. If anybody chech this cam out and know how to defeat that on swicth, please let me know.  passgas55@home.com

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
If you figure it out, I'd like to make a digital trail cam. I've spent enough on film developing!

mccullek

Reaction score
I found another model of the condord digital today. It has built in flash, along with an option to turn off the automatic shut down. It will also take short video clips, so that might be interesting as well. It has an LCD screen, so that you can view your pics on the spot. It even has an option for the small SD memory card (does not come with the camera though). Buy two of the memory cards, and simply swap them when you go to the woods. A quick 3 min. job and no trips to the developer and now developing costs. The camera sells for about $100.00. Steep compared to the non digitals, but when you factor in the ease of use with the memory card and no film development, it should pay for itself quickly. I have not cracked it open yet, but it should not be much of a problem. I will post the resluts after I get a chance to look at it.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
If you can wire into the on/off then brian has a chip to control it. he has a selectable start-up delay time programed in. It will work for just about any digital that you can wire into the on/off and the shutter. I use it for my s200

davered1

Reaction score
hey AEH,

any big difference in photo quality between the s200 and the D-380?

just curious I can buy 2 380's for the price of one s200 here?

Top Bottom