Digital Game Cams

Hedgehog

Reaction score
Can anyone out there tell me about their personal experiences with digital game cams?

I am thinking about buying a Cuddeback Digital. Heard there was a problem with the flash & was wondering if they have this problem corrected. Anyone had any positive results with this camera?

Bought an Atlantis Digital Hunting Cam last year. Too bad this company couldn't get their act together & work out the bugs on this one. The pictures weren't too bad, I just couldn't download the pix to my computer even after having the cam replaced 3 times by the manufacturer. One of the replacements had a short in it & kept running my batteries down. I did like the IR flash, seemed to make sense, that it wouldn't scare the deer but the trade-off was B&W pics. But hey, I'm using these cameras for scouting, if I wanted a perfect picture I'd round up my favorite buck & head to the mall for a portrait!

Can you believe that Sportsmans Guide whom I purchased the cam from let me
return it after I had it for 3 months!

9toes

Reaction score
I love digital game cams. i want go into it all, someone else who likes to type will chime in soon. Get someone like Dan/OBH or someone on the board,to build you one better than you can buy and cheaper too!!!

steel

Reaction score
I have mainly been using 35mm do to cheaper cost but have added two digital IR cams to my stock. I think both have strong and weak points. 35mm the film and processing adds up,but I like the fact I have the pics in my hand to carry around and they are very,very clear. Also most of my 35mm trigger faster than my digital making them better for trail sets that are not baited. Digital is the way I think I will buy in the future as I can take hundreds of pics per card VS 24exp in my35mm cams. I can also get real time hunting info during season not having to wait for a roll of film to fill to justify having it processed. Alot can change in a weeks time during the rut. The main problem I have with the digital units I am using is the wakeup/sleep feature runs about 3-4 seconds from trigger time to pic. On a trail set no bait the deer could just walk by before the camera gets his pic. To counter this I use the digitals on scrapes,rubs,feeder sites,bait trail sets,mineral licks.Deer normally stop and spent time at all these spots so the delay is no problem.To be honest I find I get 90% of my pics at the above listed spots anyway so the digital is not making me set up any different than I would already. To some it up I use 35mm on non bait trails where I might only get 10 pics a week not costing a ton on film or processing at that pic rate to.Fast trigger time a plus there to. On high traffic areas like feeder sits mineral licks I a digital camera.

Top Bottom