Digital ISO Settings

rjlasko

Reaction score
This might have been asked before but I couldn't find it in the archives.

The Olympus D370 cam that I'm using has an auto 100 - 400 ISO rating. According to the technial jargon on this cam, the effective flash shooting range at ISO 100 is approx. 8ft. Some published documents that I've read state that when you shift from ISO 100 to ISO 400 that the effective flash shooting range is increased to approx. 16ft. Does that make sense? Do any of you set your ISO settings to just one setting? Also from what I've read this cam automatically adjust its' ISO range depending on the darkness condition. Is there any way to manually adjust the ISO setting to remain at ISO 400? Does the picture quality diminish?

On my 35mm setups I have gotten some very clear and outstanding pictures with an ISO 800 film vs an ISO 200 film for the nightime shots. How does that compare to digital ISO settings? Sorry for babbling here and I know I've asked quite a few questions, but I got to thinking about those ISO settings and wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.

Thanks guys!

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
The 380's your forced with the auto setting you cannot mandate one setting. In auto mode it will adjust for this in darkness, setting the white balance and Iso setting. The higher the ISO, the longer your shutter aperature is open allowing for more light to gather into the lens for the shot, the lower the ISO setting the faster the shutter will open and close.

On the P32's you can manually set the Iso. and program it for how you want it, the preffered setting is 400 forced

The owls are film and do a great job at setting the ISO. and take very nice pictures.

Dan

pocomoke

Reaction score
The d-360l can be set to a forced iso of 500 but the 370/380 adjust automatically.You can experiment with your ev settings and see if the result is any brighter.Be sure not to try and hold cam in hand while doing these adjustments but put on tripod or strap to tree because shutter will be held open longer.Here is a link to some info on digital iso ratings...

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Communit...-2003-01-23.htm

Latest Posts

Top Bottom