Digital Requirements D370/D380??

Canuck

Reaction score
I have built several 35 mm cams using both the radio shack and MS20 sensor but haven't used anyones chip or board when putting them together.

I am Interested in building a digital setup with the D380 camera and am trying to find out what additional parts I will need.

I will likely end up using the MS20 sensor modified according to Jons directions.
Do I just have to get one of Brian's Chips or do I require a partial board?  Any help would be appreciated?

I understand his 35 mm chip with out the 38 pic shut off and a refresh of 2.5 hours will work.  Do I need anything else.  I have read Brians manual and am confused.  Are other parts required that wouldn't be for a 35 mm set up.

I have seen the d380 camera for $250 canadian and a A100 for $229 are these good prices in Canada.

Confused in Canada...

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Canuck, you need a FULL timer board. This includes PCB, optos, resistors, switches, and if with a radioshack pir, a transistor. All except the switches and hookup wires usually come assembled.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
You can get a timer w/refresh from Brian, JoeD, or Hamiltoe sells a complete PIR board with a timer, and a refresh. You don't want to use the 38 pic shut off with the digital setup, a 32 MB card will hold many more pictures than that. You can build your own timer boards, or you can just buy a pre-assembled board. I have a couple of 370's, but have no expirience with the 380.

davered1

Reaction score
Canuck,

where in Calgary are the 380's for $250? I'll buy one when I'm there next time.Thats cheapest I heard of or seen, usually $289 everywhere I see them.

Canuck

Reaction score
Davered1

They were advertised at 259.00 at future shop but I was there the other day and they said they were out.  Best actual price I can find is 279.00 (D380) at office depot.  The old bait and switch at work.  Visions does have the A100 left at 229.00 but it seems like every one is going to the 370 for there trail cameras.

Davered1 was it you I was talking to about Lock and Lock storage boxes at one time? Walmart (made in canada) has them again and they fit the sensor and Owl camera real well.  4.69.  I bought a half dozen this time and will try to post pics when I get a chance.  Gauranteed air tight with a rubbber seal around the lid and fairly tough clear plastic.

Still not sure what I have to order to set up a digital camera let me know next time your in Cowtown and maybe I could get a look at one you have built.  If you don't mind leave me a message with your number and I will give you a call on my dime and try to figure out what I'm doing.  Totally lost looking at schematics, I'm a fisheries technician by trade and think maybe I got lucky not blowing up all the 35 mm cameras I put together.

davered1

Reaction score
Canuck.

I have a couple of 370 boards and chips I buy from brian here with me, if you want email me and i will send you brians chip info. I can mail you  a board if you want, they cost $35 U.S. Email me and let me know.

davered1

Reaction score
Guys, I am not getting into selling brians stuff. I offered a few to canuck because I live 3 hours from him and can send him some in one day. If he orders from Brian it will take over 1 week for him to get them.

Your best bet is to order chips direct from brian, you can program the times YOU want in chip, not the times I want.

thanks

Top Bottom