Direct sunlight causing false triggers?

abedford

Reaction score
I just took in two rolls of film to be developed yesterday - got them back with 5 deer pics and 43 pics of the empty woods.

All of the false pics were taken during the day.  Most have visible sun glare on the picture.  One camera is in the exact same place it was a week ago, when I go 24 absolutely flawless deer pictures with NO false triggers (but it rained every day during this roll, whereas the last several days have been sunny).  I replaced the PIR batteries before the last rolls of film.

Yes, both cameras were pointed generally toward the south (I've searched previous posts and see that south is a no-no).

I guess I expected to maybe get a FEW false pictures due to the sun, but 43 out of 48?  Could I have something else going wacky too (if so, it must have happened to both my cameras at the same time)?

I guess I know the answer to my troubles already, so maybe this thread can serve as more of a warning to the new HBers around here......

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
That will do it everytime.  I think we all have done this atleast once.  

ToddP

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It catches me too, quite a lot.  Sometimes I feel like I have no choice but to face the cam east or south (never west) and I get a few false alarms.  The Sun def swings way south this time of year

Here is a table of where the sun "Don't Shine" so with a compass, you can find the LeeWay on where you can face it without problems....

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I try and face my cams away from the sun as much as possible. I have had pics at night with just the fog triggering them. also the sun going thourgh the trees and the shade will do it to.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom