Directions and Warranty info...

MBullism

Reaction score
I recently gave a basic setup to my neighbor for his 50th birthday.. Owl pf date, RS PIR, no bells or whistles.  He's asked me to write down instructions for using it.  Can you all please review this before I print it and give it to him?  I'm having a little trouble with the warranty part.  :wink-yellow:  He's not up to speed on the homebrews, but the hints he was dropping would crush your foot, LOL.

CAM SETUP AND WARRANTY INFORMATION:

Camera-
1)  Load film.  400 speed is best (for nightshots) 200 will work.  24 exposures is standard, don’t use 36 exposure rolls in cold weather.  Check display to make sure there is a  “1” showing.  The display always shows one more than the number of pics.
2)  Turn cam  on, there is a slide switch on the front next to the lens.  Check the battery status in the display.
3)  Set “forced flash”.  Press the long button next to the display once.  A lightning bolt will appear in the display.
4)  Check the date display on the back panel to make sure time and date display are correct.  The battery for the date is inside the door.  It should be good for years.

Housing-
1)  Make sure red switch is down/off., make sure black switch is up/”T” for test.  Note the black switch has a center position.  This is neither test nor cam.
2)  Connect camera into housing, make sure of positive connection..
3)  Place camera in housing.  Take care not to scratch the housing glass with the camera body.   Align cam with housing openings, and secure in place with foam blocks.  Take foam strip and insert between flash and lens, check for clearances…  tucking it in with a knife point works good.
4)  Insert desiccant packet (moisture absorbing crystals), be sure not to block cam display.
5)  Close lid.  Attach to tree. Lock as tight as possible.  This ensures that the latch cannot be opened Minor adjustments are possible using sticks between housing and tree to align. Two to three feet above the ground works good.  Try not to setup facing into a low morning or afternoon sun.

Test and Arm-
1)  Switch red switch up/on.  LED will come on and stay on for approximately 30 seconds while the motion detector “warms up”.
2)  When the LED goes out, move around your desired area and note where the unit is “sensing” you.  Adjust unit on tree as necessary.
3)  Approach unit, stand to the side, when LED goes out switch black switch from up/”T” for test to down/”C” for camera.  The unit is now locked and loaded.  Any trigger to the motion detector will now fire the camera.  It is good practice to walk in front of the unit and take a test pic before you leave to make sure you’ve set up correctly.  Better to waste one pic than come back in a week or two and find out you forgot something..  Everybody does…

I usually put the whole thing together at home and only have the “test and arm” part to do in the woods….

Warranty Information:

It don’t work, you bring it back, we’ll make it right.  All parts and labor are fully guaranteed until you read item #1 under “camera” above.  After that you on your own.  If a part is found to be defective, you buy the part, I’ll put it in (when I‘m damn good and ready, or the wife let‘s me).  This offer is good for as long as you own the cam, or until I’m dead, or until your dead or piss me off, whichever comes first.  If the cam gets stolen I’ll feel bad, that’s it.

Our information hotline (555-555-5555) is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, restricted to the sixth Saturday of every month between 3 and 3:10 p.m.  If you have any questions in the ownership or operation of you homebrew trail camera,

Please, please, please note that this is not a commercial enterprise.  If anyone asks where you got the unit, please refer them to jessseshuntingpage.com.  All the required information is there, and infinite help is available for the asking.

Did I leave anything out?

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
One thing you fogot and is the most important. He must post all pics taken with afore mentioned camera.

Handcannon

Reaction score
                                                                                                                              Hi MBullism,   Your instructions look pretty easy to follow. It just so happens we both have the same warranty, so I was wondering if you would mind if I just printed your's out, sure would save some typing. HeHe.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi MB,
You left out the disclaimer...  "Not responsible for any future addictions to trail-cams, or the owners 'need' to have just one  more"

;-(0)

Archilochus

woodsman

Reaction score
Do I get the same warranty ? you did wire up my first cam .
Nice guy ,You give him a cam for free and he ask's about a warranty ,You mite want to get that cam back lol

Swampman

Reaction score
Sounds great to me. A friend of mine that has seen my camera is hinting around for him & I to build him one. As soon as he makes up his mind as to what kind of set up he wants I will agree to help him. Just want to know if it is alright with with you to give him a print out of your warranty.  I sounds like a good one.

MBullism

Reaction score
Woodsman-

You do get the same warranty, 'cept it expires sooner, LOL.

Arch- The addiction disclaimer sounds good, I was also thinking of adding a clause that stated that all waranties are subject to change without prior notice dependent on HIS attitude... He's not likely to get addicted to building them, only addicted to hinting that I should build him another, LOL

All fun aside, he's a good guy.  he turned me on to turkey hunting, my newest passion.  If his cam stops working, I'm all over it.

Mc-  I thought about including a requirement for him to get double prints and share them, but I guarantee.. If he gets a good shot, you all will get to see it...

The warranty is there for the taking.  If any legal eagles see any holes in it, please let me know.. I don't want it to come back and get me, LOL

(Edited by MBullism at 11:12 pm on June 23, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
MC,
add this make sure you place the cam in a non detectable area because of yellow blooded creatures wanting to steal them. Just a little more dos and don'ts.  Sounds good.  bat

(Edited by bat at 11:13 pm on June 23, 2002)

rutnduck

Reaction score
Looks great!  The only I might add is an Indemnification(sp) clause concerning physical injury, you kn ow when the bungie cord fails and smacks you in the head.....

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
MBullism, make sure he does the double pic. We are all looking forward to the pics. Keep us informed. MC.

MBullism

Reaction score
rutnduck-  I added the following just before I gave it to him, thanks for the idea.  Better safe tan sorry, LOL

"Any injuries suffered while pursuing any activity directly or indirectly associated with the use of this equipment shall fall under the school of hard knocks.  The user shall hold harmless everyone, everywhere, for every reason.  Period."

M

woodsman

Reaction score
sure and I thought you were my friend thanks :moon::moon::moon::crygreen::gulping drink:

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom