DIY How to stop a 1650fps BPA pellet

OPAH

My Grandson and I been having alot of fun with the air Rifles, just one issue that really conserned me. These rifles are wicked fast and powerful and even way back in the drainage behind the college we still had people pop up here and there. We were shooting at a regular cardboard back with the targets taped to it at 25 yards, there was a 30 foothigh backstop close to 50 yrds back. Safe? pretty much could not get much safer. But then ziwinnnnnnng! ever bit as long as a .22, worried about the Zwinnnnnngs I made this

DIY air gun fun 018.jpgDIY air gun fun 021.jpgDIY air gun fun 019.jpg

DIY P 1650fps pellet catch, Does it work?

DIY air gun fun 016.jpgDIY air gun fun 017.jpg

Like a champ, not a dent, the belting absorbs some of the energy and the plate redirects the pellet into the ground.

Impressed? you should see the DIY spring compressor I made to disassyemble the Rifles!

Brnsvllyjohn

One other thought on stopping pellets. I know you have some archery targets and I have a couple that I do not like. They are very hard and difficult to remove arrows from.. I now use one of those as a target for the grandkids when they are shooting my pellet gun. I know my gun is not as fast as yours but the pellets don't even come close to going all the way through the foam. I now have a use for an archery target that was POS.

OPAH

It would not be a difficult thing to add something like that to my Catch. thank you John

inchr48

Better safe than sorry. Way to teach the young lad right! Well done.

Rule #4 of Gun Safety. Know your target, and what is beyond it.

Top Bottom