DO I NEED A TIMER?

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
does the force flash create a built in timer? if so how long does it delay?

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
You shouldn't need a timer with the AF unless you put it on a bait pile and then one or two deer will use a whole roll of folm. Good luck with yours. MC.

davered1

Reaction score
What sensor are you using? force flash takes 5-8 seconds to recharge.If you are using the MS20 then change R26 to a 220k resistor, it will give you a 10 second delay

StringShooter

Reaction score
davered1,
I haven't modified my MS20's since they were built a good while back. Do I just swap the R26 resistor with a 220k resistor to get the 10 sec. delay? Nothing else?
Thanks

davered1

Reaction score
yep, all it does is change the 2-4 second test mode to 8 -10 seconds, 330k is supposed to give around 15 seconds.You should do this swap even if you think 2-4 second delay is enough, some of the cameras will require a longer shutter press than 2-4 sec to make camera fire after it sits awhile

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
What difference would it make if you made the change and then put the sensor into auto mode?

davered1

Reaction score
Makes no change to the auto mode, it is a 70 -90 second delay, but can be retriggered and time starts over, cam could  freeze if held for to long( 3 minute). unless you use the olympus infinity jr. I don't think the ywill freeze, even if you hold it for 5 minutes.

(I think) TMkarren knows more about this camera if he's kicking around??

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
i am going to put it on a bait pile. i have the rs-pir is there a timer that plugs in with no soldering?

davered1

Reaction score
fadetoblack76,

If you do a search on the Rs pir I am pretty sure thatsomeone figured out the resistors for the delays.

It was way back last novemberish I think. Tinhorn might know he was playing with one of them, I know someone did but can't remember which they were

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It was Bat,

he posted his results in the post pinned to the top called RS PIR Notes

And Davered1, 999 posts........
Tinhorn

Top Bottom