Do you have hunting footage??

MOHunter

Reaction score
Everyone,

I would like to create a series of videos highlighting non-professional hunters like YOU.  Before I do anything, I wanted to get YOUR opinion.  Do you think people would be interested in sending me their hunting and fishing footage for the chance to be "famous"?  ....I would like to get these videos in Cabela's, Bass Pro, Walmart, etc.

For your information, I have already talked with a few companies (i.e., Hunter Specialties, Dury Brothers, etc.) about producing the videos.  I currently have a few deer hunts and a few bear hunts from people that have already sent me their videos.

My idea is that if people send me their footage, we will review them for the best hunts and choose several for each tape.  If we get a lot of footage, we can possibly do several videos at once.  During the video, we will show a picture of you, your name, where you live, etc. in order to give you proper credit for the footage.  ....I'll have to talk with the video editors on how to do it but we definetly want to give the hunter his/her "15 minutes of fame" so that others are motivated to send in their footage.

It is my thinking that people would really like these videos if we could, 1) show awesome footage, 2) make the hunter "famous" and give him/her proper credit, and 3) continue to come out with new and exciting videos.

What do you all think?  

MOHunter

PS:  If I received some footage from a lot of JHP members, I could possibly put JHP on the jacket as a sponsor.....what do you think Jesse?

Bow Runner

Reaction score
I like that idea alot.  We need some real hunting videos.

I would like it even more and you would get alot more videos if the people who sent you a video  would get a free copy of the finished product.

Give and take relationships work the best.

MOHunter

Reaction score
That's a good idea.  Although I don't yet have any idea of what this would cost, I like the idea and I think we could figure something out.

MOHunter

MOHunter

Reaction score
After looking at a few hunting videos, it appears the average video is about 90 minutes long and contains 13 to 15 kills.  That is about 6 to 7 minutes per kill.

In order to produce 90 minutes of finished footage, I imagine one would need about 2 to 3 times this in raw footage (just guessing).  If people are interested in doing this, we could shoot for 15 kills per video.

As it stands, I currently have 3 of the 15 slots filled (one deer hunt and 2 bear hunts).  Who wants to submit footage for the remaining 12 slots?

PS:  Do you think we should have mixed hunts?  ...bear, deer, etc.  Or have one video for deer, one for bear, etc.?

MOHunter

Bow Runner

Reaction score
i think it would be fine to have mixed hunts.  but what i hope is that you get enough videos from different regions to make regional videos  Like Northern Midwest hunting (WI, MI, MN, IL)  
The one thing that i hate about the professional hunting is that they are on a ranch always in the same place TX or MO (not nocking either place because there is great hunting in both) it is just that hunting in northern WI is much different then that.  I have one video of me in -30F temp where the camera actually stopped working (batteries died),  the farther north you start going the less deer per area there are so it becomes harder to hunt.

I guess i am rambling,  my point was that if you get a great responce to this and can have regional videos that would be fantastic.  

People after seeing there region and how real the footage is would buy other regions to see there secrets.

I would do this but my footage that i currently have is not very good (had to mount the camera and could not follow the deer very good) so i would have to get some new footage this year (make my girl friend hold the camera)

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
MOHunter,

I might be interested in helping out.  Although I don't have any kill videos I do have some other animal video.  I've always want to do some desk top editing ever since I got my camcorder  the other year.  Just yesterday I order a new computer that would allow me to do this.  Wife let me get a new one after my Win 95 P233 died over the weekend.

Looking forward to sharing ideas.
Todd

Bow Runner

Reaction score
R.I.P. ancient computer you lived a long life

Todd how's the new one treating you?

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Ship date is Aug. 5.

I imagine it will treat me good.

Skint

Reaction score
I'm a proffessional editor, animator & videographer. I own a small production company in MD. I tried to do the same thing about two years ago but, didn't get enough footage. I'm currently working on a pilot for the outdoor channel. If you get some good footage (whitetails) I'd like to discuss using it in the pilot. Also, I understand what it takes to get a project like this off the ground. If you need any help I'd be happy to oblidge.
Good luck,
Skint

wvhunter

Reaction score
I really like the idea, it would be a video that I would be sure to buy.  Like others have said here I'm tired of watching all these hunts on ranches that I can never hunt.  Plain old real world hunting would be fun to watch.  I taped a buddy of mine taking a piebald doe last year but she was 300 yards out and no tripod so the tape isn't very good.  But we are planning on trying again this year.  Come on deer season!!!!!!!

Bowkill67

Reaction score
I have footage of a big  8 I got in Pike Co.Il. in 1995,it was was shot on 8 mm and is not bad because it was in good light also have footage of recovery,its a nice deer,inside 21.5
field dressed 270, 6.5 yrs old,and I have footage of other nice Il. deer  email me at hart@adams.net

GobbleGig

Reaction score
I am interested in your idea. I have a couple of good turkey kills on video from my Canon GL1 which is high quality footage but you would have to see it for yourself and form your own judgement. I think you will agree.

oneshotwonder

Reaction score
Would it only be deer and bear, or would anyone be interested in some other hunts, ie. moose, sheep, goats, grizz, muleys, etc?

Top Bottom