Do you think this guy made it?

whitetail1070

Reaction score
 Sorry it took so long to post this pic. I mis-placed it for a while. (in the glove box) I got this pic just days before the end of our shotgun season here in Western NY. This poor guy looks like he has been through hell and back. He has some kind of flesh wound and a bunch of his rack is missing. What's strange about him though, is that this pic was taken on private land and none of us had ever seen him before through both bow and shotgun seasons. You may recall here in Buffalo, we had over 7 feet of snow shortly after christmas. I hope he made it. What do you think?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/30997464/35605502KRpyok

(Edited by whitetail1070 at 8:14 am on April 14, 2002)

TmKarren

Reaction score
I would think he made it.  It looks a lot like road rash. nice size buck.

homer

Reaction score
That guy looks pretty heathy to me. I don't think he had any more trouble making it then any other deer. looks like he might have been hit by a car.Thats a great picture by the way. To bad hes wounded. that would be a good one to enlarge.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Good pic.I would say that he made it. He looks healthy other than his road rash.

Stever

Reaction score
I'd vote that he made it at least through the night until the hunters came back.
Great pic!

woodsman

Reaction score
Nice pic whitetail1070 , I'm with them I think he made it .I hope you bag him next season :toothless:

coyotebandit

Reaction score
The wound is high enough on his body, so it should stay clean, plus he can lick it. It depends on how deep it is, if it's just past skin deep, he will be fine. Otherwise he may have had some troubles. I found one last march on our hill, about a 17" inside spread 8 pt mostly decayed, but with a broken rear leg. I'm not sure if it was from a car, or a bullet. But, I wish he would have made it.

Rooter

Reaction score
I have a pic of a deer that I am fairly certain a friend wounded with his bow.  It was high on the front shoulder.  The wound was starting to heal.  It made my buddy feel good because when we were tracking him and lost the trail he felt terrible that the deer may have lay down somewhere and died.  I think this one will survive.  Deer are resilient animals.

Rooter

(Edited by Rooter at 4:04 pm on April 15, 2002)

Top Bottom