Docks you've fished off of

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
In IA we used to fish the sloughs off the Mississippi river. My uncle had a raised cabin on stilts and a big dock. We caught a lot of catfish, drum and buffalo-heads off that dock. Them buffalo-heads were ugly as hell.

Last dock i fished on our farm in MO was with topwater, a Pop R. Both casts, one left and one right produced a nice small bass. I made it look like had a 300 blue tuna for the old man. He knew i was clowning, I'd always yell "Get the net!!!" when i was a kid, just in case. Think positive right?

What are some of the docks youve fished off of?

fishing_dock.JPG

quaildeath

Reaction score
Newport Beach walking the yacht moorings.
The nicer charter boats had underwater lighting to see the boats beauty.

Looked down the pilings into the water seeing big shadows below sardines and smelt. Dropped plastics down an voila, White Sea bass.

Few inches under legal...but man fighting one that is 24”ish between the bow and dock, maybe 30 sq feet on light line. Sticking the rod deep in the water to avoid grinding the line on piling barnacles. Priceless memories! Caught several. There are grow out pens in the harbor for repopulating the species. We think they may have been locals from there.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Back in cali it was the floating dock at Qaurry Lakes I use to fish off alot and hooked many trout of that dock. I miss fishing for Quarry Lake trout planters, 2 of my personal best rainbows I hooked were 16 lbs each. U know what's funny, I was a trout slayer back then I couldn't hook a bass if u paid me, now look at me I am a trophy bass slayer but I really do miss hooking rainbows too.....tra

20200519_185738.jpg

20200519_185921.jpg

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
I used to fish for Snapper Blues off the Town Dock, Southport CT.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom