Dodge Ram for a pig

Boaring

Reaction score
Anyone one know of a Dodge dealership in CA that has a sales manager that hunts and that would be willing to cut me a great deal on a Ram 2500 in exchange for a two day guided pig hunt.

Dwayne

superduty

Reaction score
You might want to try the Hunt and Fish Trip Swap Forum for this request. Sorry about the Dodge problem also.
J/K good luck.

huntducks

Reaction score
I know the owner of a chev dealership that hunts.

Boaring

Reaction score
Superduty,

No worries about the my "Dodge Problems". I know a couple of guys, one being my dad that had or have the 7.3 and the 6.0 in the F250. My dad had numerous problems and traded it in. My friend had his truck in the shop with the 6.0 for 3 weeks for the first 5 weeks of ownership. Somethings not right there not to mention the V8 configuration of the powerstroke isn't a true diesel in my mind. But to each there own.

As far as the GMC and Chevy diesels go, I still can't get over the fact that they put in Isuzu motors with aluminum heads. Maybe someday after hundreds of them have been on the road for 250K miles we will look back and realize that they have a great idea.

I put this in this forum also because I wanted the greatest number of pig hunters to see it ASAP.

Thanks
Dwayne

superduty

Reaction score
Good Luck with your request Dwayne.

OHH, one more thing. Have you met my buddy F350 yet??
Good luck with him too after he reads your post.

Cahunter

Reaction score
where do you hunt, I might have a guy for you. I want to hunt as well for setting up this transaction. Also I have a few friend that want to go on a guided hog hunt and they want me to set it up. So if you have a website I could check out for prices. there will be 3 of us that will be hunting.

Boaring

Reaction score
Superduty,

I am a Ford man for sure. I currently drive an Expedition (which I am selling for a steal right now) and have owned other Fords. I just want a diesel and I don't think Ford has the bugs worked out of theirs yet. Not to mention I dislike their body style, but someone has to love them because I see them everywhere.

Cahunter,

I would prefer to leave out the name of the outfit that I guide for from this thread so as others here, esp. the moderators, don't get upset with me for getting free advertising. I'll just say that I work for a well konwn guide service that does only fair-chase pig hunts, absolutely no dogs.

Thanks guys
I look forward to the jabs from the Ford boys.

Dwayne

superduty

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good thing going there Dwayne. Good luck on hooking up with that new Dodge. If you ever need any assistance pulling that Dodge out of any of those private ranches up in your area just give me a call, I'm available for shooting pigs and pulling Dodges.

Cahunter

Reaction score
you got it boring. Try the guys in Gilroy they are good people.

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If you ever need any assistance pulling that Dodge out of any of those private ranches up in your area just give me a call, I'm available for shooting pigs and pulling Dodges.[/b]

Several years ago I pulled a Ford F250 4x4 4door out of a mud hole in the Condon Peak Area with my Toyota. Did lots of mud digging under the Ford and kinda had to jerk it a couple times. In return the three guys in the Ford gave away the boar that they killed hunting with dogs.

Back in 1994, A Ford 4x4 tow truck winched my brother's stucked Toyota out of the ditch in the El Dorado National Forest. The toyota slowly slid uphill on the muddy clay past the tow truck to the main gravel road. The tow truck tried to follow the toyota, but sanked in the mud. Another two hours to winch itself all the way to the main gravel road. We sat there drinking beer in the rain and watching the Ford tow truck winched itself.

I'm available for taking pigs and pulling Fords, as well as drinking beer and watching Ford winched itself......

L2H

larrysogla

Reaction score
L2H,
.....Toyota........slid UPHILL??????? Must be the BEER!!!!
larrysogla.

paulc

Reaction score
I know a guy that owns a transmission shop that will trade tranny work on that Dodge truck a pig hunt.

&gt;Killzone&gt;

Reaction score
Dwayne,

You should probabbly forget the hunt for a good deal thing. Advice for you,..Power auto group really wants to move trucks and cars. I recently paid 26, for a Chevy04 suburban with the msrp of over 38!!! What I did was go the dealer tell him what I wanted, also tell him the compettetion had it for 12k off msrp, which they did on fully loaded units, I got a sl , not a loaded leather etc. but still got 12k off 28k out the door. 38k msrp before tx , lic. So get the ads from the LA times than come south or call. you can call me if you want more info, Im the albie fishing trip trading guy. 310 372-0770

good luck,

Jim

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Boaring,

I have 2500HD with Duramax, 100k and still going. I'll let you know how it turns out.

BTW: Isuzu has been making diesel engines far longer than any current supplier to trucks or autos today. I think their track record is unsurpased. So no worries here...

beastslayer

Banned
Reaction score
boaring,

and since everyone wants to talk trucks than hogs, let me give away my 2cents worth.

diesel is a real darling. it will still hum even if the engine is in the water (as long as the exhaust pipe does not have a water back-flow) and you can remove the battery after starting the engine. the only drawback are its noisy, smelly, low displacement-to-power ratio and the power-lag (press on the accelerator and nothing happens). but the mileage is terrific. fuel can even be used cooking oil from McDonald's -- and that will solve the smell problem. you'll now smell like french fries. hogs may even start following you, instead of you chasing them.

the aluminum engine top is not a problem. just don't use chlorinated tap water for radiator coolant. chlorine eats into aluminum. isuzu is a good diesel guys.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom