Doe checking a deer crack spot

flyer05

Reaction score
Yep thats 2 of them. I just woke up and was checking around the cabin, just about when these two came through. I did get a nice snort from them and off they went. Camera got them though.Pics were a 7:40 am and I was in that area about the same time. Cool stuff these cam's

VaHunter2873

Reaction score
What are you using for the homemade crack?? Does it bring them in all the time?

flyer05

Reaction score
They seem to like it and are digging a hole in the ground for it. It should be refreshed ever 6 months.

I use 1 part Di-calcium phosphate 2 parts Trace mineral salts (red,loose kind no medicine added) and 1 part stock salt (ice cream salt).

Dig a 36" round by 6" deep hole mix the stuff in the dirt and fill the hole back up thats it.

These come in 50# bags. I use a large zip lock bag (1 gall) per use so this stuff will last a long time. Keep the stuff seperate till ready for use. I made about 20 or so bags and still have 15 left. Plus another ton of this stuff to mix. You might want to go in with some buddies.

You should be able to get this from a feedmill or your local tractor supply. I had to change and look at brands that had the ingredients for the Di-calcium phoshate.

I used (from TSC) ELITE 12% phoshorus mineral (1 50# bag) American stockman big6 mineral salt (2 50# bag) and American stockman fine stock salt (1 50# bag)

Good luck stuff works for me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom