Does the flash scare the deer?

Kenn

Reaction score
Hey guys, just found the site and was wondering if you do get pics of the same deer all the time? I find it hard to believe that deer dont head for the hills after being flashed in the dark? Whats the scoop?
thanks

Fubar

Reaction score
Kenn  Welcome to Jesses Forum. Sometimes the flash will scare them and sometimes not. Lots of the cams were having trouble snapping the whole roll of film while one deer would stand there eating. There is another thread about this if you want to look back for it.            Fubar

dharter

Reaction score
I have read the previous thread.  When I was scouting in the woods last weekend ,I found a scrape in the woods.  I was thinking about putting a camera on that site.  I wonder if that is a good idea or will it scare the buck away from its scrape?
What would you do? Turn off the flash?

Possum

Reaction score
From my testing on a giant corn pile and looking at the time/date to see when the animals came back i have theorized that coons are much more spooky around the flash than the deer are.  In July I had a ten point and a non-typical (both around 16-18&quot come out at the same time each night for around 5 days in front of the camera.  I know it did not bother them.  The clicking the 9v relays have will spook them a little if the PIR is mounted outside your box.  I still think it will not bother them unless they are constantly being chased by the poprozzi.(spelling?):laffin-yellow:

deadcell

Reaction score
I had one roll of film developed and the 3rd picture was of a doe squatted down turning sideways and looking straight into the flash like she was going to burn rubber getting out of there. But everyother picture on the roll was of deer just walking by without even looking at the flash. I know that my PIR sensor was adjusted too wide and i got a few pics of the same deer walking into camera view and then it would take a pic of them walking just out of camera range and they were not running or even looking at the camera so far as i know 99% of deer are not affected by the gamecam at all, but there is always the 1%. DC

Top Bottom