Doesn't Work Anymore!

Applbit

Reaction score
I had my cam in the woods for about 2 weeks. Today when i  went and got it it didnt work anymore.

It has been cold around here(below 0 everynight).
sometimes the test light will come on and stay on until i turn it off. and sometimes when i turn it on it wont come on at all. the camera is doin the same thing as the LED.
any ideas?

bmulley

Reaction score
Maybe batteries in the PIR...I've had the same problem before.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I PICKED UP 3 CAMS THIS PAST WEEKEND.  ONE OF MY CAMS IS IN A PELICAN BOX WITH A MS20 SENSOR, JOE D'S TIMER AND A CANON SS OWL AF.  IT HAD WORKED FLAWLESSLY UP UNTIL NOW. WHEN I OPENED UP THE UNIT I NOTICED THAT IT HAD ONLY TAKEN 8 PICS.  WHEN I POWER UP THE UNIT THE RED LED WALK TEST LIGHT COMES ON AND THEN GOES OFF AND WILL LIGHT UP WHEN THE SENSOR IS TRIPPED.  WHEN I TURN THE TOGGLE SWITCH DOWN FOR CAMERA AND ATTEMPT TO TRIP THE SENSOR NOTHING HAPPENS.  THERE IS NO AUDIBLE CLICK OF THE RELAY AND THE CAM DOESN'T FLASH.  WE HAD A LOT OF RAIN AND TEMPS IN THE TEENS THIS PAST WEEK.  I AM GOING TO LET IT DRY OUT AND SEE IF THAT HELPS(NO MOISTURE IN THE CONTAINER?)  THE BATTERIES WERE GOOD TOO!

Applbit

Reaction score
I don't know about your troubles simplearkansan. I found my troubles. One of my toggle switches wasnt working right anymore. i put a new one in and it works perfect again.  
now i just want to see what was on that full roll of film that came out of my cam!

gizz

Reaction score
Simpleark, did you try rebooting(removing/reinstalling AA batts)?

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
THERE IS A SHORT SOMEWHERE.  WHEN I PUSH THE WIRES INTO THE SENSOR HOUSING IT WORKS.  I AM GOING TO TAKE IT APART AND CHECK THE SOLDER AND MOUNT THE CIRCUIT BOARD TO THE INTERIOR OF THE HOUSING.  I THINK I FOUND MY PROBLEM.  THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

quackmaster

Reaction score
Hey simplearky

I had the same problem a week ago. Retraced everything, then unscrewed the stereo plugs.
I had a wire come unsoldered inside the stereo plug
that comes out of the camera
I'm in Little Rock, where are you.
How many Arkies are on this board?
You going to the big buck classic, maybe we could set up a homebrew cam booth. :smile-blue:

whitetail1070

Reaction score
 I had the same problem. when I went inside the box, the whole sensor circuit board had alot of corrosion. Especially around the terminals on the IC's. Due to this, I had shorts happening all over the place. I took it out, cleaned them up and coated the whole board in silicone. I'm back in business!! Good luck!  

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I LIVE IN MAUMELLE.  TRANSPLANTED HERE FROM SOUTHWEST AR AFTER MARRYING.  HAVEN'T MISSED A CLASSIC OR BIG BUCK EXPO IN YEARS.  I'M USING THE MONO PLUGS.  HAVEN'T CHECKED THEM YET.  I CHECKED THE BOARD AND EVERYTHING THERE LOOKS GOOD.  IT WILL HAVE TO CHECK MY SWITCHES TOO.  IT MIGHT BE THE RELAY.  IT DOESN'T GIVE THE AUDIBLE CLICK EVERYTIME.  IS YOUR LAST NAME CARSON.  IF IT IS I THINK WE TALKED BEFORE ON ANOTHER WEBSITE.

quackmaster

Reaction score
hey simplearkie
thats me! I guess you've gone incogneto with a different screen name.  What was your old screen name?
Did you tell me you were hunting around Arkadelphia?

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
THAT'S RIGHT.  I GO BY "SLICKHEAD AND HUNGRYFORDEER"  ON A COUPLE OF OTHER SITES.  YES, I HUNT AROUND ARKADELPHIA.  DID YOU EVER GET ANY PICS.  I THINK YOU HAD LOTS OF COONS AND CORN FLYING FROM THE FEEDER BACK WHEN IT WAS HOT.  I FOUND A LOOSE SOLDER TO MY POWER SOURCE.  THE LED LIGHT WOULD STILL WORK, BUT NOT ENOUGH JUICE TO TRIP THE RELAY.  I RESOLDERED IT AND IT'S BACK IN BUSINESS.  I WENT TO A LOCAL HARDWARE STORE AND BOUGHT SOME NYLON SPACERS AND SCREWS AND AM IN THE PROCESS OF MOUNTING ALL OF MY SENSORS INSIDE THE HOUSING.  THE FIRST ONE TURNED OUT PRETTY GOOD.  I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR BOOTH AT THE BIG BUCK CLASSIC OR EXPO(WHICHEVER ONE IT IS?)

quackmaster

Reaction score
hey simplearkie,
yeah I got some great pics of some deer just west of bryant over in the Salem area. If you will look back at "THE CAMMIE GODS HAVE SMILED NEW PICTURES" you can see them. There is one dandy 10 or 11 pointer on there. I posted them one day last week, so I think they are probably a page or so back.

Advertisement

Top Bottom