DOJ Background check question

Rick

Reaction score
I've received the preliminary approval from the OC Sheriff's Department for my CCW months ago. I went in and had my fingerprints scanned and paid the fees for the DOJ/FBI background check in April - I still haven't heard the results. Is it normal to take this long? I've called and emailed the CCW desk in Santa Ana a couple of times, but still have not gotten a response.

Thanks!

Piker

Reaction score
You may also want to consider writing a little note and sending it via certified mail, which is what I do whenever I want to get things going with certain agencies and slow moving processes where folks are either understaff or incompetent or both.

Rick

Reaction score
Still no response - anyone else still waiting? It's been since late April-early May.

greg vs

Reaction score
Bro:

Move to a SHALL ISSUE state. Must issue in 30 days (60 for non-residents).

However, the local PD (who issues) keeps changing their hours on us-I think it's Tues and Thurs, 8-12, now. Anita and I gotta get around to filing (it/s $60).

Rick

Reaction score
If I move, then who will keep Randy in line?

I've got a bottle of Philippe's mustard to send you - I went there for lunch a few days ago.

I guess I will have to make the time to go down to Santa Ana to check on this...

greg vs

Reaction score
As long as you don't bring him with you!

I was just thinking who could get me some mustard from Phillippes. I figured out how to make red cabbage slaw like Northwood's and am working on Tommy's chili. Nobody in this WHOLE state can make decent chili fries! They actually have Chris and Pitts in the markets up here, now (for the last couple of weeks, at least)

Good luck with your permit! We've been holding off to see if we move or not. If I get my CCW, it'll guarantee I transfer. (I interviewed for a transfer to Albuquerque as a senior biologist on the wolf program but haven't heard anything back)

Top Bottom