Donate turkey feathers to win a limited edition NWTF 2000

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Donate turkey feathers to win a limited edition NWTF 2000 Gun of the Year!

The Zuni Nation of New Mexico is in need of turkey feathers for their religious ceremonies. With spring turkey hunting season just around the corner, this is your chance to help out and get an awesome Zuni Feather Project pin free. You will also be entered to win the NWTF 2000 Gun of the Year which is an Ithica model 37 12ga. pump shotgun. The gun raffle drawing will be held in August 2002 at the NWTF Board of Director’s meeting.

Please donate feathers according to these guidelines:

Make sure the feathers have been plucked off, are cleaned of flesh and blood, and in relatively good condition. Please don’t send in bloody feathers.

Package feathers in a paper sack so air can reach them and put them in a box. Please don’t pack in plastic.

Please mail to:

Zuni Feather Project
National Wild Turkey Federation
Attn: Jennifer Tapley
770 Augusta Rd.
Edgefield, SC 29824

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer by phone at (803) 637-3106 or e-mail me at jtapley@nwtf.net.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 I clean my wife's, an old guy that takes me on private land, and my birds and all the feathers go to my wife's classroom and she gives them out to her students as rewards, it makes me feel good that I am helping these kids focus more in a society where fewer parents are doing their job.  So the indians will have to kill their own turkeys.

Brian

Lankyman

Reaction score
Jesse,

I am mailing most of the feathers from the two I got back in April here in SC.  I got a jake & a long beard.  Both were double bearded.  The first ones that I have taken in 20+ years of chasin' these glourious creatures.  

Thanks, Jesse for posting this about the feathers & also for haveing an awesome site that has a lot of useful info on it.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Lankyman >> Welcome to Jesse's Site.

Nice birds you got there. You sure do like those double beards don't ya.

Good Job.

Lankyman

Reaction score
Arrowhead,

Thanks, I was very blessed this year.  I didn't even get to take the safety off last season.  That took some getting use to.  It was the first time in well over 10 years without a bird.  But I am just thankful for the times that I have been able to be in the woods over the past 20+ years & the wild creatures that I have incounter out there.  It is never a dull moment.  This season was different though.  I had almost 20 gobblers within 50 yards & on the last Saturday of the season, I was able to call in one for my brother.  That was the first time that we have been sitting shoulder-to-shoulder at the same tree when one of us has connected.  It was very special.

Advertisement

Top Bottom