Don't you hate it....

skeeterbait

Reaction score
when you have a big fine tom strutting, in range, gobbling his snood off, and there's a property line between him and you.

I swear that bird understands what a property line is. Wouldn't budge one step closer than 20 yards to it. And I think he was sticking his tongue out at me.

ducslayer

Reaction score
when you have a Tom gobbling every time you yelp,then someone shoots him out of his roost tree right at shoot time!
(It hapened to me 2 years ago)..........Jim

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
Give him another week or so Skeeter, he'll come across....Once he figures out the girls aren't coming to him anymore...

SCREWLOOSE

Banned
Reaction score
Skeeeeeter, So far this season you've had birds begging you to give them a ride home. Of course one of them is going to figure out that your the guy to be very afraid of. Keep at it and I bet he finds his way into the bed of your truck before too long...

Tominator

Reaction score
My favorites are the ones that fly down into the middle of a big field and won't budge till the hens come and lead them the other direction

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Barbed wire has led to many of my defeats while deer and turkey hunting. Cursed invention.

socalgobblerhunter

Reaction score
Or when you have three nice birds running toward you and the next thing you see is another hunter running towards the birds you are calling. On top of that try that twice in one day. (it happened today no joke. One guy looked like he was going on a elk hunt in the rockies)

BrysonHesperiaResort

Reaction score
or when the company that you just purchased your brand new blind from swears that you can shoot your arrows through the window camo fabric without any problems...

so you try it out in the field on that perfect tom and it isn't true...

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Or 2 horses stand right in front of your partner, as 2 longbeards are at 35 yds....................

sportyg

Reaction score
all fun stuff called hunting.. except for the other hunters running towards the birds your calling.

Metdawg44

Reaction score
Or when you're at Spenceville and you're calling a nice Gobbler from over 100 yards and he's closing the distance only to have a hunter sneak between the two of you and BAM! So much for your bird.

l0nepine

Reaction score
yeah I had the exact same thing going on. I would call and I would get a gobble from the property across the road. This went on for about 45 minutes and the Tom never came to me. I am pretty new to this so I was actually just kind of stoked to get the conversation going. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks he will feel the need to come on over to my side of the fence.

Metdawg44

Reaction score
I have seen turkeys go under barbed wire fences and I have seen turkeys fly over barbed wire fences. I think they would be hesitant to cross over if there were some hens on his side ( a bird in the hand worth two in the bush kind of thing), or he had felt too much preasure (excessive calling by multiple hunters) on your side of the fence. Try later in the seaon when most the hens have gone to roost and the Gobblers are desperately seaching for any remaining hens.

Advertisement

Top Bottom