Double Picture Mode

rjlasko

Reaction score
I was doing some testing with my D370 and RSS board in the double picture mode. (Dip switch # 7 off). As I walked by the cam, the PIR triggered and the cam snapped a picture. The red LED (on the RSS board) remained on but the second picture did not snap until 14-15 seconds later. I tried it 3 times...same result. Is that normal? Seemed to be quite a long delay between pictures.

Thoughts?

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
On double pic mode its more like 9-11 seconds from what I have seen. Double Pic mode I never use. I just use the Min 10 second delay. If the Deers in the area it will trigger regardless after 10 seconds, If he's gone, I dont get a Pic of surrounding scenery.

It remains at around 10 seconds still on double pic mode for a few reasons that I can think of.
The camera needs time to store the picture before the next shot and also to recharge the flash cap and make ready for next picture, Im sure it could be speeded up a lil more but theres a window they operate in when there programmed. The board makers would know much more about that. Maybe they will see this and chime in.

Dan

RtWill78

Reaction score
I don't know too much about these digi trail cams yet, but I do know a thing or two about Digi Cams, the Biggest thing you can do to make (help) the camera take that second pic fast is to turn your picture resolution way down, the smaller the picture size that faster the camera can store it and take another one. Like everything it's a trade off, more pics on the card with low res, but they are ... well, low res so your quality really drops off.
Ryan

rjlasko

Reaction score
Thanks Dan and Ryan for your feedback. I just wanted to check and see if it was normal what I was seeing. I do keep my delays at 10 sec on trail cams but up the delay to 1 min - 3 min on a feeder location. It gets a bit boring looking at 30 pics of the same doe sticking her tongue out at me.
On my stealth cam I snap back to back pictures and that makes for some nice shots as the deer tend to look right at the cam on the second one. Thanks again for the feedback.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom