Double Success

PowDuck

Reaction score
Got my first one of the season Wednesday (4/3) exactly one year from my first bird. This time my cousin Bob and I doubled up.

Mine was 21 lbs - 9.5" beard - 5/8" spurs.
Bob's was 18 lbs - 8" beard - 7/8" spurs.

Just the luck of the draw which one took the bigger bird. Bob was sitting on my right so he shot the bird on the right. It was truly excellent: 3-2-1-Boom!

Cold windy day that I didn't want to get out from under the covers. Thanks to Bob pushing me I did though. Arkansas Ozark National Forest. (That narrows it down a lot, huh.)

Tominator

Reaction score
Bet you're glad you got outta bed now, huh? Nice birds, congrats!
Tominator

Freedom

Reaction score
Congrats!  I'm really starting to get excited with all you guys that are fortunate enough to have your seasons open this early!  Ours doesn't start here in PA for another 21 days and 20 hours.....

tomturkey

Reaction score
Way to go PD. You never know what the day will bring unless you "get up & get out there". Nice birds, congrats to you both.

tomturkey ;)

maytom

Reaction score
Great looking pic's!! Way to go on the double!!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Great looking gobblers PowDuck. Were they gobblin in that cold windy weather?

PowDuck

Reaction score
Yes, they were gobbling like crazy to crow calls and coyote howls. They never did respond to turkey calls, though.

We were able to get in front of them as they were walking down a road toward a field. Oh well, I guess an ambush is just as good as any.

Top Bottom