double

JNDEER

Reaction score
well this season has been a rough one to start. Dogs, hunters, Yotes and a 22 rifle.......well this morning we break the curse....two hour drive for a twenty minute hunt (public land)....gave an owl call and heard one gobble down the ridge from where we were at. So we set up for that bird, well while setting up for that bird a gobble come ringing out about 100 yards right in front of us. We got the dec out set up and gave some soft calls before they flew down. once they hit the ground it was a b-line right to us.....no monsters, but we are pleased with them.

Attachments

foulshot

Reaction score
Nice job!

All these turkey pics are making me restless, I gotta get out there next weekend!

wingbone_2003

Reaction score
Great job gettin the double guy's thank's for the story and picture!

Lumpy

Reaction score
Congrats man, that is great!!!!!!
God Bless

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Great job on the birds !

Nothing like a sucessful hunt with the brother !

AZ Jim

JNDEER

Reaction score
thanks guys

yes i am very fortunate to have a brother like him who enjoys hunting just as much as i do. When you see one of us in the woods, you are going to see the other.

hardwoods

Reaction score
ya when im in the woods u know my bro is somewhere playin' a video game

JNDEER

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hardwoods @ Apr 14 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ya when im in the woods u know my bro is somewhere playin' a video game[/b]
no worries , if i get to make it out another weekend you'll be there (if you can get off of work)

radioleo

Reaction score
Great Job nice birds.......any bird is a trophy when you work hard to get it

radioleo

JNDEER

Reaction score
thanks again guys..

radioleo: you are exactly right...it took us 2 years of scouting to find this spot and have taken atleast one bird every year...needless to say scouting is the key, and also having a good understaning of the animal you are hunting place a huge role in success.

JNDEER

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tom wingmaster @ Apr 15 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congrats!

Nice pics - pretty special when you get a double.[/b]
yes, it really gets the blood flowing for sure..

we have only been able to double three times. This one, then 3 years ago my brother and cousin doubled, jakes, and then 5 years ago my brother and i doubled with two toms..10inch beards and inch and a quarter spurs...was our biggest birds to date

Top Bottom