Dove and Quail Hunting Seminar *Thur 26th 7:00pm

Droopy

Reaction score
Skyline Church New CrossFire Affinity Club & San Diego’s Chapter of Quail Unlimited Present Dove Season Warm-Up 2004

Thursday August 26th 7:00 pm

Everyone welcome to this free event to learn about all the new hunting opportunities in San Diego and Imperial Valley. Bring Maps and learn about exact public locations loaded with Upland Game. The good old days of hunting are back.

Special Guest Multimedia Presentations With;

Leon Lesicka, from Desert Wildlife Unlimited

He will give a seminar on Dove Management featuring his incredible public hunting fields. Save your gas money and find out which of the many fields are best this year. Leon will also update us on his New River projects. He will update us on the Salton Sea survival. He will also give updates on his ongoing Sheep projects and new furrowed lands in Imperial Valley.

John Massie, Retired Senior Biologist of San Diego’s Fish and Game

He will give a seminar on Quail Management.

David Preddy, President of San Diego’s Chapter of Quail Unlimited

He will update us on the ongoing battle to find and repair San Diego County water guzzlers that provide water sources for wildlife. He will also update us on our new local hunting areas in San Diego.

Skyline Church is located on the hillside off 94 between Casa de Oro and Rancho San Diego 11330 Campo Road / Hwy 94 at Jamacha Rd. / La Mesa, California 91941

http://www.skylinechurch.org http://www.sdqu.org http://www.desertwildlifeunlimited.com

More info call SDQU at 619-669-3739

John K

Reaction score
Great, Me and My hunting buddy will be there!!
John

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
"We've learned a whole lot, and it's beginning to take off,' the Brawley resident says. "We're starting to get a lot of young people coming down from the L.A. area to hunt. They're not necessarily going to Yuma, (Ariz.) anymore.'

-----------------

That's funny . . . isn't everybody younger than Leon!?!?! Ha Ha

Marty

Reaction score
I thought that was a funny statement too, Fullsack. Are you going to try to attend? I'm considering it, but would have to leave by 5 to make it there.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Marty, maybe we can get an OC carpool going - what do you think? I'll be leaving from Foothill Ranch.

Marty

Reaction score
Carpool would be convenient. Since you are leaving from work, we could head out either way to the 5; Oso, Antonio, or L.Forest. Maybe Greg, Colusa, or others would like to attend. I can drive my truck or minivan.

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
THATS AWESOME. TOO BAD ITS IN SAN DIEGO. MAYBE NEXT YEAR A LOCAL QU CAN HAVE IT NEAR L.A.

Droopy

Reaction score
I just got back from Joe Garcia’s house up in Julian he has always been a big supporter of SDQU. You may know him as the artist who does the California Upland Hunting Stamp just about every year. I have gone to many art shows and nobody does Upland like Joe. You know when an artiest is not a hunter when they do not get the purple hue of a Morning Dove. I have 4 prints in my collection. They are wife friendly and usually all go for under retail. I will have 9 at silent auction. 100% of the proceeds go back to water supplies and guzzler repair.

I have;

California Upland Stamp 1996-97 “Morning Dove” with stamp
California Upland Stamp 1999-00 “Mountain Quail” with stamp
California Upland Stamp 2001-02 Gambel’s Quail with stamp

Sitting Easy “Dove Nesting on a Saguaro Cactus for Arizona Hunters”
New Generation “Quail Family with puff balls”
Trifecta 3 prints done special for QU 1 mountain 1 Ca. 1 Gambels
Evening Calm “3 Dove”
Dove in Pine for Charles Spinetta Winery and Gallery see web site
Resting Dove 2 Doves in Pine “The one I may add”

www.joegarcia.com

Latest Posts