Dove hunting around Bishop, CA

wingshot

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been lurking around JHP for over a year and have gleaned plenty of useful info, but now I have a specific need.  Normally I go to Havasu and hunt the Chemehuevi Reservation for the opener, but this year I got talked into going to Mammoth for the weekend.  Does anybody have any pointers or descent spots for hunting dove around Bishop or Lake Crowley? Thanks.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Welcome Wingshot

Sorry, but I don't have anything specific to offfer concerning dove hunting in the Mammoth area, but there are plenty of folks on JHP that do.  I just want to say welcome and we all look forward to your input in all of the discussions.  You've found the most complete source for hunting on the web - period!!!  If there is anything you have a question about, shoot it my way.

Welcome
FullSack

Bill W

Reaction score
I've had good dove shooting in the area just south of big pine along the owens river near Tinemaha Creek.

Bill

docramo

Reaction score
If your going to be in the Mammoth area you might try near the "settling ponds" just off Sherwin Creek rd. I've shot dove there in the past. Don't expect numbers like the river but you should be able to get your gun dirty.Would be better to take the drive down lower to the Owens Valley.

awackywabbit

Reaction score
I was up there a few weeks ago.  Didn't see any dove at all, however, my pup did bust a couple covies of quail up near walker lake trail further north from mammoth.

Top Bottom