Dove nest with youngin

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
A buddy had this dove nest on his back porch in Missouri. I had several other pics with both youngins but my camera coughed and this is the only one that made it back.

Camera used was an digital Olympus 2100UZ with a Canon B300 1.7 tele lens on it.

shaginator

Reaction score
We've got one nested in our patio, inside an old wok! I'll try to get a pic tonight.

shaginator

Reaction score
Dang, they haven't returned to their nest since the earthquake. The wok is on top of an old wood shelving unit and the mild shaking scared the bejeezus out of them. Sadly, I don't think they are coming back.

hntndux

Reaction score
A pair nests every year above our deck and they're on their 3rd batch this year...

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Shag, put a for rent sign up and see what happens.

hntndux, 3rd batch already? Wow.

My Dad had a dove build a real lousy nest in his window sill with about 10 little sticks. I thought for sure the eggs would fall through the sticks. Nope. They youngins made it and flew off he said.

shaginator

Reaction score
Not to be depressing, but after a couple days of the doves not returning, we checked their nest and there were two dead chicks. We cleaned it out and maybe another pair will build another nest there.

hntndux

Reaction score
Well I screwed up the 3rd batch..., last year they produced 4 clutches(?)  I put up sun shades across the back of the house and I guess they're too close for her liking.  3 eggs gone to waste, but another group is now nesting in the evergreen.

Top Bottom