Dove recipes

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Came home with a boatload of doves.  Anybody have any interesting recipes?  We usually just grill them, wrapped in bacon.

Regards,
Paul

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Dove Stroganoff

Breast ‘um and slice ‘um, and then sauté them for about 5-7 minutes, season with salt & pepper.  Use Lawry’s beef stroganoff packet and follow directions for chicken.

Mix powder with water and mix in with dove.  Bring to boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes.  Serve over wide egg noodles.

I’m having leftovers for lunch today.

MQ

Reaction score
I did the bacon-wrapped grilled dove, but put a sliced jalapeno under the bacon (the pre-sliced in-the-jar type so they werent too hot). Excelllent!

lintongb

Reaction score
The last few years I have been making dove Kabobs.  Cut out the breast meat and marinate them in Lawry's teriyaki marinade.  Put them on scewers with white onions, red bell peppers and whatever else you like.  They are great.

huntducks

Reaction score
Bone 10 dove breast, brown in skillet(5-min) then remove, saute some onions in butter (I like to use a Lg. Texas sweet onion) add dove meat back to onions and 2 large cans of cream of mushroom soup and simmer, serve in  Sm. round sourdough loaf making it into a bread bowl, I have also served this over noodles or rice.

colby18

Reaction score
I like to baste them with butter and garlic and barbeque them.  Pretty simple but boy does it taste good.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
I marinated the breasts in a seasame teriyaki sauce and threw them on the BBQ. Not having much experience cooking dove I ended up with Dove jerky. So my question is, How long do you BBQ dove?

2curljohnny

Reaction score
soak em 6 hours or so in bernsteins salad dressing. get a reynolds tinfoil grill bag. add 1/2 cup or so olive oil and asmall can tomato sauce. slice up yellow squash,zucchini,onion, garlic, bell bepper and add whole doves with remaing sauce. seal bag and set on bbq for 1 hr. you can also add some italian sausage crumbled. throw some oregano,salt,pepper to taste. this also works great on ducks. the best part about this is the lack of mess,cut the bag open when its done.

Brown Trout

Reaction score
Karstic

I had the same trouble until I wraped bacon around the breast and waited for the bacon to get 2/3s done. The fat from the bacon helps keep the breast from drying out. With all of these other recipes to try I'm going to have to shoot more dove!!!  By the way where in Whittier do you live? I'm just south east of the whittwood mall.

Swampy

Reaction score
  I start by cutting squares of aluminum foil in 6X12 rectangles. Then put a blob of BBQ sauce, marinade, or some butter and minced garlic on each piece. Put dove on and wrap up. (Be sure to twist the ends) Roll them around on the BBQ for about 15 minutes on medium heat. Tender, juicy and tasty.

MNHNTR

Reaction score
Bacon wrapped  is my favorite.  You can marinate them in anything.  I think I'll try Yukon Jack marinade this year on the BBQ !

Top Bottom