• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Dove season preparations

mischief209

Ive been looking at blinds to hunt doves out of about every day this week. i setup on the edge of a plowed field and need some more cover. Its either a blind or im going to buy the netting and use a couple poles and make my own. Ive also been buying up every steel 71/2 i see, They get scarce come september.

Common Sense

I don't hunt dove, but yesterday I was at the feed/seed store and saw someone buying a 50 pound bag of safflower seed. I think he might be preparing for dove season???????????

solus

Not where we are usually. They tend to migrate if thunderstorms hit. A couple years ago we were hunting great opening day and we had thunderstorms all night. Next day there was much less of them and white wings were few to be found.

Limited Out

I hunted Euros this morning until 11:30, good numbers of Mournings and way less whitewings than last season. Promising!

Limited Out

Imperial. Hot, Hot, Hot. The only way to hunt in this heat is shoot one hot spot, then drive and cool off, then hit the next one. We did this about 5-6 times, then hit the road home by 11:30 and that was pushing it. The bird numbers really start falling off around 10-10:30. A bottle of water in one hand and my Super Sports in the other is what works for me in this heat. I think we have some fun on tap for the opener. I like to hear you guy's prospective on what you are seeing bird wise compared to previous years.

solus

Im pretty sure 8 of those were from my personal flock before they got loose and multiplied

Top Bottom