Dove SEASONS, BAG AND POSSESSION LIMITS

shadow

Reaction score
OPEN SEASONS, BAG AND POSSESSION LIMITS (Migratory Game Birds)
Doves (please report leg bands to 1-800-327-BAND): Whitewing stamp endorsement required to hunt white-winged doves in any season. Note: There is no closed season or bag limit restrictions for Eurasian collared-doves.

North Zone: Regular Season: Sept. 1–Oct. 30, 2004. Daily Bag Limit: 15 mourning, white-winged, and white-tipped (white-fronted) doves in the aggregate, to include not more than two whitetips.

Possession Limit: twice the daily bag limit.
Central Zone: Regular Season: Sept. 1–Oct. 31, 2004 and Dec. 26, 2004–Jan. 3, 2005. Daily Bag Limit: 12 mourning, white-winged, and white-tipped (white-fronted) doves in the aggregate, to include not more than two whitetips. Possession Limit: twice the daily bag limit.

South Zone: Regular Season: Sept. 24–Nov. 10, 2004 and Dec. 26, 2004–Jan. 16, 2005. Daily Bag Limit: 12 mourning, white-winged and white-tipped (white-fronted) doves in the aggregate, to include not more than two whitetips. Possession Limit: twice the daily bag limit.

Special White-Winged Dove Area:
Special Season: Sept. 4, 5, 11, 12, 2004. Daily Bag Limit: 10 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped (white-fronted) doves in the aggregate, to include not more than 5 mourning doves and 2 whitetips. Possession Limit: twice the daily bag limit.

Regular Season: Sept. 24–Nov. 10, 2004 and Dec. 26, 2004–Jan. 12, 2005. Daily Bag Limit: 12 mourning, white-winged and white-tipped (white-fronted) doves in the aggregate, to include not more than two whitetips. Possession Limit: twice the daily bag limit.

Falconry Season (Statewide): Dove: Nov. 19–Dec. 25, 2004. Daily Bag Limit: 3 in the aggregate.
Possession Limit: 6 in the aggregate.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The zone boundary between the South and Central dove zones has changed. The change affects the San Antonio area only, by moving the boundary line south to Loop 1604.

bzzboyz

Reaction score
Thanks Shadow. I was in San Antonio this weekend and their were birds out the wazoo. And this was 3:00 in the afternoon. You don't ususally see tha many flyin that early. By the way. Do you think you might take coondog up on his offer. I think I might for the weekend, but can't for opening day. The wife is looking for an excuse to see her brother and sister and that will also give us a place to stay.

shadow

Reaction score
I think I will take CoonDog up on his offer. I'll try to catch up with him at the hunting show coming up on the 22nd in FTW. Should be fun. Would like to meet all ya'll sometime.

bzzboyz

Reaction score
I say we do it. The first weekend would be great. Especially since the wife acts like she wants to go. She won't hunt, but she wants to spend the weekend with family. I'll take the boys to the field with me.

Top Bottom