Doves at Graylodge

BrianD

Reaction score
Going to join the zoo at the lodge on Sat.  I have never hunted there for dove, only ducks.  Is there a sweat line, do they charge a fee or is it just walk on as you please.  Can anyone give me some info.  Probably will go up Fri night for a little BBQ.  Blue Ford Ranger with silver and blue (older) shell.  Thanks in advance.

Whoadog

Reaction score
Brian,
 I have about 30 hours up there recently scouting for deer.  There are a lot of food plots scattered around, and that is where the people will be.  I noticed a decent flight route the other day and if I were you that is where I would set up.  Park in the check station parking lot and walk to the south corner boundry line on the west side of the main  road, they were crossing there consistently the other day.  Good luck.

Brian

hntndux

Reaction score
Another good spot is the old orchard at the north end of the  area on the east side.  It's best to use a bike for this spot though.  Good Luck!!!

SamlovesIna

Reaction score
Say I am awfully close to gray lodge but never hunted there or anywhere for that matter(New Guy.) Can I go with any you guys sometime? I would like to try bird hunting and maybe even some cottontail and jackrabbit hunting. I hear there are a lot of bunnies there though I haven't been so I don't know.

Huntin' Foo'

Reaction score
Hey Sam,

I hunted Gray Lodge this past duck season for the first time. Kind of a circus but really had a good time. I WILL head up there next fall for ducks again. If you wanna join me keep in contact. Alway willing to share the experience with someone new.

Cheers,
Huntin' Foo'

Top Bottom