DPDT Setup Problem

Go Pens

Reaction score
Hi I've been struggling with this project when I should b shooting my bow and I'm in need of some guidance.  
Objective: Simply wire the DPDT (center off) switch to control the LED and PF camera. and have a seperate SPST switch for the battery source.

Problem: I'm using the MS20 PIR and the only diagram I can find is for the RS PIR. This is the best wiring scheme I could devise based on the exhausted research I've done.  i just need to know if this would work before I try to solder it together Thanks very much.

bigmandude

Reaction score
It appears that what you have will work, however you could make it all work with only the one DPDT switch if you wanted too.  by moving your wires from pin 1 to pin 4 and pin 2 to pin 5 (now having 2 wires on pin 5)  then omit the SPST switch and take the battery + to pin 2 then the PIR positive to pin 1 and provide a new jumper wire between pin 1 and 3.  

this allows the PIR to receive power with the switch up or down and the led to get power with switch down only and the camera to operate with the switch up only ... the center position is all power off...

i know it sounds complicated but it really isnt.  

there are a couple of previous post on this subject.  one day i will diagram this thing...

good luck

bigmandude

Reaction score
I just spent about an hour drawing up a diagram of this switch to post here, but i still am not able to get images to show up here.  i would be glad to e-mail it to anyone who needs it

Top Bottom