DPDT SWITCH WIRING

chadwright

Reaction score
Is it possible to wire the camera with a DPDT (on,off,on) switch so that when the switch is up the LED and sensor work, and when the switch is down the camera and the sensor work, center would everything off.  I looked at a diagram that someone posted and they have more wires coming from the sensor than I do.  I have 2 positive, 2 negative, and the 2 wires that go to the camera coming out of the sensor.  My setup is an Owl PF wired with 2 wires and an MS20 sensor.  Someone Please Help!!  This is driving me crazy!!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 The sensor works in all 3 positions on mine,but the sensor is shut of with the on/off toggle.
 If there is another way I dont know about it,just thought id let you know that I think this is normal and the reason for having 2 toggle switches.

hommer

Reaction score
You can wire the power  from the batt. to the sensor with a spst switch between the two, then your power is done. now you have to wire the LED and camera to a dpdt switch, so that when the camera is on the LED is off and when you switch the camera off the LED comes on.so i don't know if this answers your question, but you should have your camera and your LED connected to a dpdt switch.                                                          Homer

Possum

Reaction score
Hey guys.  I use a DPDT switch with two positions.  One way is for the camera to be on and the other is for the LED to be on.  If you use a three position switch then the camera would probably fire when the switch would go to that position because initial power to the sensor would cause it to trip the relay.  Check this picture out.  It is the standard for this type of setup.  It does not matter if it is the MS20 or the RSPIR.
http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/rs-49-425.html

As you can see from the COLOR picture the switch is only used for the camera and the LED.  The battery is controlled by another switch.

You are (I think) using a three position switch.  This will work if you have a separate switch controlling the battery.  You want to have juice to the sensor at all times no matter what position your camera/led switch is in.  If you use the three position switch the center position will not mean anything.  It will just be "everything is off" (meaning the camera and led)mode.  You said you have 6 wires coming off the MS20.  I believe you are correct.  1 set for the power, 1 set for the led, and 1 set for the camera(coming from the relay).  Sounds like you are very close to having it.  Most of us use a two position DPDT switch for this procedure.  There is less to go wrong when setting up the camera in the field.

After re-reading your post, wire the switch exactly like the color picture in the link above.

Sorry this was so long.

**It is the LAST color pic at the link above.  The big color pic.

(Edited by Possum at 10:17 pm on Oct. 28, 2001)

Top Bottom