DPDT switch

Brandon

Reaction score
I solder the dpdt switch like the pic. show. I led works good and when i turn the switch the other way the cam. takes a pic..i waved my hand in front of the sencer to see if it would take another pic. and it dosen't. I took the dpdt switch out and solder the led to the speaker wires and the 2 wires form the reed to a 1/8 3.5mm phone jack and it dose the same thing. what did i do wrong? could you please help me. Thanks Brandon

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Brandon,  welcome to the forum  !  !  !

Can you give us some more information?

If you connect the wires coming from the camera together several times, does it take a pix every time?

Need to know more,  or maybe you can lay your wiring setup (the PIR) on the scanner and post a pix of it here so we can see what's what

Tinhorn

Brandon

Reaction score
if you tuch the wires together on and off the cam takes a pic, but doaen't advance the film for the next pic. Thanks for replying

wfontjr

Reaction score
ok if no film is the camera it will usually advance with the first pict, but not afterwards,

the switch problem, if the you take the camera and touch the two wires together for a second or two you should get one picture, if you connect the wires to a switch or rca plug or any other connection and you get a pict its just like touching the wires together, you can have a short in the rca plug, you can have the wires on the wrong lugs on the switches, somehow someway you are closing the camera switch, check for continuity with the switch in the off/ on position, you should only have it in the on

Brandon

Reaction score
I'v gotten the cam to tack a pic but now when the switch is in chime the cam takes pics on it's own, and in alarmit takes a pic around every 5 to 10 seconds? all contack are good and all switches are good. When you turn the dpdt switch from walk test to the cam the cam takes a pic and then depending on what mode its in it does the aboved.

(Edited by Brandon at 3:13 pm on Jan. 27, 2002)

Alberta

Reaction score
Any downsides to using a DPDT switch instead of a SPST switch for the game camera?  As well, when using the 3-conductor plug and jack method, in order to keep the functionality of the auto focus, it was recommended that the lines be jumpered on the relay side instead of on the camera board.  The particular 3-conductor plug that I have on the relay side is difficult to solder to, would it work to use a 2-conductor plug instead,(would the 2-conductor plug function as a jumper?)   The parts which I am using for the game camera is the Canon Sure Shot Owl PF, and the 49-425 motion detector.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Alberta. Yes you can do that. I used the same combination on mine. Just make sure with an ohm meter that the two wires short together that you want. Good luck with your cam. MC.

quackmaster

Reaction score
DPDT just gives you the ability to switch between the cam and an LED with a single switch.
3 pole stereo plug comes in handy, but not necessary.
with a 3 pole plug,  I jumper them together at the 5v relay

Top Bottom