Drawn for X3A help needed!

fisherman69

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My buddy and I got drawn for X3A! I have never hunted that country and would love some information. I have fly fished the Pitt but that's it. I kind of wonder if we had a good random number? Maybe we would have drawn anything we put in for? I'm just really happy with what I have!

Thanks in advance guys!

Paul

bodega

Reaction score
That is some beautiful country right there, and there is plenty of public land in that zone so you are not too limited. Go scouting and start talking to peopple in Adin and Canby and they might tell you about some areas. Stop by the Adin General Store, check out the deer heads on the wall and talk with locals. George at the Belligerent Duck in Alturas is a nice guy and might have some areas for you to check out. Important thing is to get up there for a while before the season and do some research. Good luck!

BigDog

Reaction score
DB, they already have tags so my hunts do not mean anything to them.

There is lots of public land in X3A. Both Lassen NF and Modoc NF hold good deer. Best bet would be to get the maps for the two forests and then I would also get a BLM map for the area which will show you accessible BLM properties. Then gets some TOPO maps to compare and check out the terrain.

fisherman69

Reaction score
x3a Help...

Thanks so much guys! Big Dog do you still do Trespass fee hunts? I'm just thinking if we were not successful and the season end is near we might consider?

Thanks again for any and all info guys!

Paul

BigDog

Reaction score
Being in the PLM program restricts me from selling any trespass fees. The property can only be hunted using the PLM tags.

BrandonA

Reaction score
Being in the PLM program restricts me from selling any trespass fees. The property can only be hunted using the PLM tags.

Good info to know, I didn't know they restricted PLM lands to PLM only tags

abalonehunter

Reaction score
if you go up behind alturas ranches there is some b l m land . The Deer go there to get away from hunters hunting in the fields.

84toyota

Reaction score
Listen to Abalone... I came VERY close to squeezing off on a good buck there... They like to bed down above Alturas Ranches, then go down into the alfalfa in the evenings...

Ken

abalonehunter

Reaction score
take lower jones go west and go south a couple of miles to what ic called the pivot field on your left . there is a road that goes on the left side up tp the b l m land p.s don't tell anyone!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom