Drinkwater Flat

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Someone(I think it was Hook) Posted that they went quail hunting at Drinkwater Flat thus past weekend. How did you get in? I've been trying to get in since deer opener but have found all roads closed because of the fire. Called the ranger office today and nobody could give me an answer. They said the main road in might be open(I know of about 3 "main" roads) Any help would be appreciated.      Scott

Thonzberry

Reaction score
grtwythunter, I went with Hook on Sat. for Deer & Quail, herd alot of Quail but couldn't find them. We did see 4 deer no Bucks around. To get to Drinkwater, if you go up Fransisqeto Cyn.the road is wide open. I came up the 5 fwy got off Valencia to Copper Hill turn right to Fransisqeto. Hook could give you more details on other ways, he'll reply to your post soon.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Good luck for quail.     Scott

Hook

Reaction score
Hey Grtwythunter,

I got up to Drinkwater using the 4x4 road. It is steep and rough. Take Francisquito up from Copper Hill until you will see the sign for Drinkwater. there is another way up there about 7-8 miles further up Francisquito at power plant no.2 then take a right up the dirt road pass some homes then into the NF.
We didn't see much quail and the ones we did see were unreachable. (too steep and brushy).
Let me know how you do. Good luck.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom