Drop point hunter w/ivory and rosewood burl.

SpiritWalker

Reaction score
Fresh off the workbench. This is a Loveless inspired drop point hunter. The blade is flat ground 1/8" O-1 tool steel. The handle consists of elephant ivory (legally owned by the commissioner of the knife. Complied with Federal/State laws.), rosewood burl, and nickel silver guard/pins/thong tube. Right handed leather sheath double dyed with saddle tan oil dye.

Cheers,
Jerid

Bossbrott

Reaction score
Damn,,,that's reallllly nice, thanks for sharing.
What a wicked cool hobby!

quaildeath

Reaction score
That is beautiful. Not that I am at your craftsmanship level, but do you see any future issues with only one drift pin per handle material. I would kill myself if that ivory moved out of place. What's the adhesive you use in addition to the drift pins if any?

SpiritWalker

Reaction score
Thanks quaildeath. Highly unlikely anything will come apart. The pieces were fit so tight that they were pretty secure even without the epoxy. I typically use JB Weld but for this build I used G-Flex 650 epoxy which is less brittle than your typical epoxy and should help keep the ivory from cracking.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

k_rad

Reaction score
That scarf joint of the different materials actually works to hold the pieces in place. I use the G f 6000 instead of 2 part epoxy on dis-similar materials as the bit of flex makes all the different. Excellent work Sir!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom