Duck Calls

feelinducky

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy a new duck call and I have a few questions for you guys.  What is the difference between an open whater call and a timber call?  Northern CA is where I do most of my hunting which one would work better?  Also what types of calls do you use?  Thanks for all the help.

duckme

Reaction score
open water call is louder.If you want a cheaper call get a hydal redleg(30 dollars) if you want a more expensive call buy a lares(over 100 dollars) that's my 2cents

Spec

Reaction score
If you are looking for a great call for the money I am the rep for 3 M calls in calif the price of a call is between $65 to $75 dollars depending on the call The new acrylic he makes is out of this world for $75 while they last,new promo special and I have 3 or 4 left!!comp callers will be looking at these calls real hard!!

huntducks

Reaction score
Feelinducky

Haydel red leg mallard, can't beat it you do not need a $60 to $150 dollar call hanging around your neck unless you like to dress to impress.

Some calls are made to call people not ducks, same with fishing stuff made to catch fisherman not fish.

feelinducky

Reaction score
Duckme, Spec, Huntducks, thanks for the info.  Spec I don't have the $75 right now but thanks anyway for the offer.  

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Hold off and save your pennies. You wont regret it.
You get what you pay for. I can sing a pretty song on just about any call givin time.
I've bought a load of them in my short time duck hunting. Most end up in the kids toy box once you blow a high end custom call.

If I may suggest...........Give Mr. J.J. lares a call and give his A 5 a blow. It just may be the last call you ever buy. Trust me you'll end up buying a lot of them and you will tell yourself they all sound better than the last one you bought.
So save you cash and go with quality.

WingSetter

Reaction score
Try a Rich-n-tone, Echo, or Olt.
Good sounds and pretty fair price.
Look in Cabelas, Herters, Max Prairie Wings
There is a ton of calls there.  Good Luck

feelinducky

Reaction score
Hey Spec:
Second thoughts about that duck call.  Do you have any left that you are willing to sell?  How can I get in touch with you?

Top Bottom