Duck hunting on BLM land in El Centro?

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
My buddy and I are trying to get into duck hunting, he mentioned to me me that he heard about some BLM land in El Centro that you can duck hunt on without making a reservation. Anyone here have any info or tips on this? Not looking to intrude on someone's honey hole, I'd just hate to drive all the way down there for nothing.. thanks

garlicsalt

Reaction score
Check out FINNEY RAMER it is in that area, open 7 days a week but you can only hunt it by boat.

PM me if you like.

Fishgunner

Reaction score
Niland is hands down one of the creepiest places on earth and while the canals and the Finney Ramer certainly hold ducks, you're much better off just sweating it into Wister. If you're going to make the drive, trust me, just go to Wister. Its worth the drive to get a Wister blind ... its not worth the drive to wander the canals in 105 degree heat praying for a duck... Its hot down there, real hot, all the way into December sometimes... its saps your energy the second you get out of the truck. Wister has the habitat and the food - go there.

Last edited:

Quigs2

Reaction score
Niland is hands down one of the creepiest places on earth and while the canals and the Finney Ramer certainly hold ducks, you're much better off just sweating it into Wister. If you're going to make the drive, trust me, just go to Wister. Its worth the drive to get a Wister blind ... its not worth the drive to wander the canals in 105 degree heat praying for a duck... Its hot down there, real hot, all the way into December sometimes... its saps your energy the second you get out of the truck. Wister has the habitat and the food - go there.

Definitely agree.

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. Out of curiousity, why is Niland so creepy?

Limited Out

Reaction score
There is a cast of characters that drift into the Niland store from Slab City.

Fishgunner

Reaction score
Slab city is a colorful concrete mountain about 10 min from Niland... its the place meth-heads go when every other ghetto, slum and skid row has rejected them. It always amazes me that people actually live out there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom