Duck pics from my Olympus digital 2100 UZ

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Some pics from this week,  ringneck drake and hen at a local pond. Shot with a Olympus B300 1.7x tele lens and a 1A sky filter on.

BUCKRIDER

Reaction score
well just for the record I have one of those crippled up sony fd 91 you like to pick on, kidding, It has been just fine for me and I dont mind the 3 1/2 inch floppy setup. it takes great pics and sinse I'm relatively new to the digital world, it will hopefully keep me content for a while yet!

coyote

Reaction score
Very nice!!!  So what mm is that taken with the extended attached?  
Image stablized? ...yoteee'

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
coyote,

the pic was shot on a bright overcast day. The duck was about 20 yards away and I had the 1.7x tele zoomed out to 450 mm. I was using auto mode which had  f 3.5, ISO set to 100 and the shutter was 1/250 second. I shot the pic using an observation deck for a rest, there was no tripod used. Image stabilization was on.

I shot about 30 pics of this duck and a ringneck hen and this one was the best of the bunch. I wanted to shoot with my cicular polarizer filter to see what the pic would look like without the duck's reflection but I left the polarizer in my camera bag at my truck. The polarizer can take away the reflection and any shading in the water, leaving it one uniform color. I kind of like the pics with the reflections in them but I have seen some without reflections that looked interesting.

Buckrider,

I like the Mavica cameras, I almost bought one. The one huge drawback is (or was) their pic storage using floppies. I can shoot 100 to 150 pics a day and using 400k to 500k resolution for each pic that would be 2 or maybe 3 pics per floppy. I would need a boatload of floppies in a backpack to keep up. Sony finally addressed this problem by introducing the memory stick adpater floppy inserts this year.

I really wanted the Sony CD-1000 with the 3" mini CD drive but it's ungodly size and problems with the mini CD drive burner posted in newsgroups steered me away. I liked the fact the pic was archived as soon as you hit the shutter and you didn't have to burn the pics later to a CD like I do with my Olympus camera.

Top Bottom