Durango Colorado

Thonzberry

Reaction score
If anyone has any advise on fishing the Animas River in Colorado, It would sure help. I going in May and I was wondering what type of tackle (Lures) to bring.HELP!!!!!

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I going to be doing some camping in May in Durango Colorado and I was wondering what type of flys to bring. I wil check out the flyshops out there and ask, but any info would sure help out. I plan to mostly flyfish, but I will bring my spinning gear. I'll be staying at the North KOA campground on the Animas River. Any onfo would help thanks.

Hunterbug

Reaction score
Did someone say Colorado? :pullshades: Your 2 best bets are Stone Flys and Caddis. The problem with May is that runoff usually has the rivers looking like chocolet milk. If this is the case when you get there, a little to the east is Lemon Res and Vallecito Res with tail waters and thoes may be a better bet. And you're only a short distance(the way we measure it) from the fabled San Juan River which is a great tail water and holds some nice trout, that would be huge trout to alot of people. Hope this helps.

foulshot

Reaction score
Hey Tony, You might want to try http://www.fishingandhuntingnews.com/.  They have a Colorado edition online that might have some past articles on the area.  I've asked my dad to see if he can find any local info, he lives in Co. Springs.  If he gives me anything I'll pass it on.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info, I'll post how it goes when I get back.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom