early brown trout trolling

bunkhole

Reaction score
Any hardcore brown trout tollers got any tips oon what lures to use after iceout? Should i ask if baitfish is a good option?

Brettski

Reaction score
What region are we talking here?....Northeast?

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Where in the Sierras Bunk. The Twin Lakes? Bridgeport Res?
Some big dogs come out of there.
That's where my friend fishes.

bunkhole

Reaction score
Tried Twin and Bridgeport a couple yrs ago. This year Huntington ,maybe in a couple weeks if the ice is gone..hopefully do better right after iceout. Kinda new at this ,so any tips would be apreciated.

upperEA

Reaction score
Not sure about where your at but up here on Lake Michigan I have always had good luck trolling smelt behind Cow bells. Best of luck!!!

upper

Reaction score
Bunkhole,Huntungton and the other surrounding lakes are better fished with your Rebel or broken -back Rapala,neat rather than with flashers.This is for browns over 3 pounds.Troll a little faster than with flashers,and make sure your Rapala travels correctly-doesn't twist-. Upper...

bunkhole

Reaction score
thanks. I pretty much stream fish ,but i hear of these huge browns caught early spring.So i am still learning lake trolling.
Upper, whats a good pattern on the rebels or rapalas? I got a couple of brown trout rapalas.The small broken backs work well in the streams,so i guess the bigger ones would do ok on the lake.

upper

Reaction score
Bunkhole,fish those little streams and get your limit.Then get in the boat and put one out with a 1-0 circle hook.After you get a couple keepers,get rid of your stream catch,and tye on a rebel.Now you can tell others what pattern put them in your boat.That is how the poachers do it.I say Big rebel,way back,under 20 feet,early,fast,one beer,two rods,a good CD. PS Huntington is froooooozen, now.Use the blades at Shaver for the Koks. Upppppper

bunkhole

Reaction score
Great info Upper... 2 rods,booze and a good CD . I like it!
Damn,shouldnt Huntington be breaking up by now?

upper

Reaction score
Bunk, our local news has a shot of it every morning,as far as i can tell ,not fishable by boat. Upper

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom