East Bay Regional Parks and East Bay M.U.D.

db 183

Reaction score
I wish they would allow hunting. It really sucks that they own so much of the land but do not allow any hunting on it whatsoever.

Their land is full of varmints, deer, turkey, quail and doves.

I have been hiking on a lot of their trails lately trying to shed some poundage and get ready for a 5k run/walk through Briones Park in August.

I have a group of 5 bucks patterned out and one is simply a monster. Makes me drool everytime I catch him in the open. He is a sly devil and never stays put for more than a second when he catches sight or wind of me.

This is all in addition to the Turkeys, Quail, Coyotes and other animals I see out there on a daily basis.

A few years ago I spoke to the ranchers that used to own a big portion of the land in and around Pinole and El Sobrante. When they sold it to EBMUD for watershed, along with it they sold their right to hunt or give permission to hunt it. A lot of them are hunters too which is sad. They lease it back to run cattle but that is all they can do.

I am going to start bringing my camera with me tomorrow and see if I can't get some pics of the quality deer I have been spying.

westcoastr

Reaction score
yer preaching to the choir...i live 50 yards from Lafayette reservior and hike it every other day. couple of decent bucks in there, briones prolly better. but there are MILLION MILLION turkeys there...I swear I could run and grab one there are so many.

also lots of pigs in briones and south of Moraga

sancho

Reaction score
yer preaching to the choir...i live 50 yards from Lafayette reservior and hike it every other day. couple of decent bucks in there, briones prolly better. but there are MILLION MILLION turkeys there...I swear I could run and grab one there are so many.

also lots of pigs in briones and south of Moraga
i have seen some huge toms there! in that flat portion where you meander into the parking lot. man! a ground blind and a quick decoy setup...it would be sick! if had permission, i think the space on the other side of the hwy 24 would be a better choice. i see nice bucks there daily. currently, i believe there is a better turkey population. i think some sniper went thru the area back (near rossmore?) there and eradicated a large chunk.

Norcal Hunting Kid

Reaction score
Live 5 minutes from Dry Creek/Garin and there's a ton of wildlife. haven't seen any buck this year but i have seen turkey,etc.... In front of the masonic homes Ive seen 9 deer out there at once 3 being bucks.

NHK

rsolo

Reaction score
Last year, I was out at the chabot gun club sighting in for deer season. I saw three bucks next to the dumpsters at the range. One 3x3 and two nice forkies in velvet. I drove right up to them, probably 10 yards away. They just looked at me and kept eating.

The whole area is loaded with game. Hunting back there would be interesting with all the roads, houses and hikers. probably have to be archery only, or maybe slugs.

db 183

Reaction score
I would love to see some archery only hunts or shotgun hunts in the areas that can handle it.

Norcal Hunting Kid

Reaction score
Once at the Chabot Gun Club they had had to stop the firing because some bucks decided to start feeding in front of the targets during the firing period.

NHK

Top Bottom