Easy to blow

jim in illinois

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm looking to the experts for help once again!  I want to try to goose hunt this year and am in the market for a good call.  My problem,  I've tried a couple of my buddies and I sound pretty much like a very sick cow.  Does anyone know of a good call thats fairly easy to learn how to blow?  I thought I better get one pretty quick so i had a good 5 or 6 months to practice!(boy my wife is sure hating this adventure)  Thanks,    Jim

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
For Honkers you cant go wrong with the Big river goose flute. Very easy to learn and use. Best: Bryan

Wildbio

Reaction score
Man you opened a can of worms on this one.  My favorite is the Primos shaved reed.  It is really easy to blow and has a wide range.  Plus it comes with an instructional tape.

jerry d

Reaction score
I'm certainly not an expert and haven't tried all the calls on the market but I'll agree with wildlifedesigner that a Big River flute is one of the easiest call to blow.

It seems to work for me - or maybe they're just coming to see what all the noise is about...

stickman

Reaction score
The Big river flute is definately one of the easiest calls to master.

jim in illinois

Reaction score
Thanks guys,  can you find big river calls at a sporting goods store or is it something that i"ll have to mail order?  never heard of one before.

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
I dont think you will have a problem finding the Big River. I bought mine at Walmart for 20.00 which included a cassette + I have seen them in many other stores

Latest Posts

Top Bottom