Easy way to align holes

vman

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everybody know that I found a fool proof way to mark the holes in the case for the camera shutter and flash.  While the camera is apart, use the front part of the camera case as a guide to mark the locations for the holes.  I use the owl pf and the camera case does not have anything blocking these.  So you can just trace away.    Does this work with any of the other cameras?

Has anybody else tried this?

woodsman

Reaction score
I hate cutting out the holes . Thats a good idea vman. "Thanks for the tip"

(Edited by woodsman at 10:03 pm on May 17, 2002)

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Here is a scale drawging I did in Autocad.  The lens flash and emitter holes are located with quite a bit of accuracy as well as the overall dims.  I faked a few of the radius's but its pretty accurate overall.  I drew a ruler that has 1" squares.  Just do a "save as" and paste the Jpeg to Word and scale untill the ruler measures exactly and it should be perfect.  Just lay it on your enclosure and cut away.  Might not hurt to lay it on top of your owl just to check the printing.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
AEH,

That's a nice setup, I wish I could afford Autocad, of course then I would have to learn how to use it!!

RSB

Reaction score
Thats is a lot of help Vman and ArkansasElkHunter, will make it easy to get it right.

vman

Reaction score
Nice drawing!!!!!!   You must have plenty of spare time on your hands.

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
I marked my first one like that then made a template from construction paper . The next ones I just lay the template on the enclosure and mark the holes.  For the holes in the cam case for the shutter wires to come out, instead of drilling the hole I use an old soldering iron and burn a small hole, it works pretty good.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Somebody on here gave this idea a few months ago,

Make a cardboard template with the 2 holes in the right location for the camera, AEH's drawing would be perfect for this.

Borrow some LipStick from your woman and smear some around the Lens Area, place the camera where it belongs in the enclosure.   There will be a Lip-Stick circle on the enclosure at the proper location,  use the template to locate the flash hole......

Tinhorn

bikehike

Reaction score
ArkansasElkHunter,

I tried to look at the image but cannot, all I get is a blank box with an "x" in it. Can you email it to me? Thanks

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Right  Click on the red x , then click on properties, then cut and paste the properties to the address bar and click go.  If that dosen't work, let me know and I'll email it to you.  Let me know if you want the jpeg or the acad version.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
AEH,

My company may be contacting you for some Autocad work. :smile-big-blue:

Nice job!

Rooter

Reaction score
Nice drawing.  I usually make a template, but that one is way nice.  Thanks

Rooter

Rooter

Reaction score
I wonder if sticking a cam face down on a copier will give you an image that you can use as a template?  I will have to try it.  I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Rooter

bat

Reaction score
Scan, resize to 5", the height will be a little off, at least it was on mine.  Maybe lighten it up a little and print.  :smile-big-blue:  Looked prenty darn good!  Thanks guys always had a problem with the holes, Rooter kind of made me think of the scanner when he said "copier, thanks buddy..... :batwings:

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Thanks for the grate tip. That will save me some time and headachs on my next one,lol.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom