Ebay purchases

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Well I got burned by a seller on Ebay,sent my money and the camera never showed,have argued with this person for almost a month,so now i just email every bidder on this sellers auctions warning them.
 Now what? Well I decided it would just be easier to buy from Amazon and get brand new cameras,cost effective? Yes,by the time you pay for the bid and shipping you have payed for new camera.
 If any of you use ebay tell me and I will post this persons ID for your future reference and may save you the loss.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Passthru,

I am waiting on my third camera from E-bay, I have bought both camera's from the same gal, and am waiting on a third as we speak.  My buddy is also waiting on a camera from the same person. I hope it isn't the same person that burned you. I bought all of my camera's using the buy it now feature, for 40.00, all have been brand new, with the pack, and comes with batteries, film etc.etc. Could you please let me know the seller so I know not to use that person.  Thanks for the heads up, if you want the name of the person I have been using, If my camera shows up, it will be the fourth one without incident.  I am always very paranoid about E-BAY.

Take Care,

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 The user name of this seller Was sohailtabba@.... but has changed name shortly after ripping me off,dont remember the user name but i can tell you its a long line of numbers,i will post it tommarow for you.This person has pissed me off,I sent her/him an email telling them that for a full year im emailing all bidders of her/his auctions warning people.And that it would be easier and more profitable just to send the camera as advertized or refund money and then ill go away.
 Also told them i would send all emails to anyone wanting to see them and the tracking number that was bogus and they can call ups themselves(had to format so i really cant do that but this person dont know that LOL)
 Hoping the fear factor will help but doubt it.

Ky Kowboy

Reaction score
h20bobh20

40 bucks!!  That is cheap.  I've been buying mine from Service Merchandise and paying about $55 to $58.  I don't want to run your source dry but do you have an e-mail address to this person on e-bay?  I might use her next time.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Ky Kowboy,

She won't sell them over E-mail, I already tried that route, but she puts them on E-bay every few days. She usually has a few in the auctions, and then usually three using "buy it now" for 40.00. Guys are really running them things up on E-bay, usually over 50.00 + shipping. When doing a search on e-bay just type in canon owl, not everyone lists their camera as a PF. I got three plus one for a buddy, I don't think I will need any for awhile. (I would, but my wife would probably kill me). Take it easy.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Passthru,
I've bought many things from e-bay without any problems - trick is to ONLY buy from sellers with tons of *positive* feedback!  They don't change their user name every week - and negative feedback can really hurt them.

Unfortunate that you got scammed - a few jerks like that can ruin the whole on-line auction idea.

Thanks for the warning on that seller.

Archilochus

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 This person has over 700 feedbacks mostly all were good,but they have recieved 8 negatives just last week,evidently has ripped of others,these feedbacks are after my bid,to bad.
 Update seller has contacted me and said that they have shipped a second camera to make me happy,gave a tracking number that is invalid (go figure)and wants me to retract my complaints with paypal,i emailed them back and told them that as soon as contract was honored i would do this but not till i have camera in hand.
 Archilochus,i do the search just like you,canon owl,but never see buy it now,have been doing this for a month?
 You are right though the prices have gone up,that is why i think its same as buying brand new cameras at amazon or where ever,seems im always bidding agianst you guys LOL maybe we should all get together on this and have one person buy all the cameras and sell them back to each other,this way the going price on ebay will go back down. j/k
 my user name on ebay is walker2@fidnet,leave your user names so we dont run the bids up on one another,but please share<------hehehoho

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Passthru,
Hey, pooling our bids - that's a great idea!!  I bet the sellers would get a bit annoyed with it.

Archilochus

gizz

Reaction score
h2obobh2o - I bought 3 using buy it now from the same lady as you. I'd sure like to know where she gets them all.
Incidently i went to WalMart to get some sensors for another homebrewer the other day and low and behold I checked the camera section as I always do and they had one Owl/PF/date in stock. Price was the usual $49.88. I asked about stock and the cashier told me this was the last one. It wasn't marked for clearance but I bought it anyways.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Yeah,im thinking we could get the price back down to 30.00 or so,hehe,  i been wondering where they get them myself?

Ky Kowboy

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to find out anything about her on e-bay.  Does anyone know her user name on ebay?  Maybe I can track her down that way.

Thanks!!

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Oh well, you guys are all like friends I haven't met....Her username on Ebay is AVABUSTER. She has two camera's on their right now, but they are in the auction and already up over 50.00

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
If you don't want to get burned on Ebay, only pay by Billpoint, PayPoint , escrow or credit card. There is no recourse if you pay by money order, personal check or cashier's check.

Even with good feedback a person/company can go bad.

Passthru. make sure you notify Ebay about them and follow up. Ebay has been pretty good about prosecuting fraud on their website. Several locals here are in the pokey for it.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Going to,have to wait till the 2nd of Oct. to file complaint,seems paypal informed this seller to annie up or get dropped from paypal.

Advertisement

Top Bottom