ebay

passgas55

Reaction score
New to this site and I have to say I really like it. I put in a bid on a cam on ebay and looking at the names of the bidders that I was bidding against, looks like a bunch of hunters bidding on canon owl cam. Maybe we are driving the prices high. Just a thought.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
You know, that thought had passed my mind the other day as well.  I was trying to buy a Owl camera off of EBAY, but the prices near the end of the auction were almost the price you can buy them at Service Mechandise for.  And that does not include the shipping cost. For the same price, I would rather get one that I know is in working condition from the store.  However, from past posts, it looks like others have no option but to buy off EBAY because there are no retailers where they live.  

gizz

Reaction score
I make it a personal policy that if someone is bidding on a camera on ebay that i recongnize then I don't bid against them -- unless that person is bidding on every camera that's being auctioned then I figure they're fair game!

billyray

Reaction score
Matt, that would be a sweet deal if nobody else bids, I won't bid against you. Good luck. :)

billyray

Reaction score
Nope, already got four cams built and thats enough. The better half is gettin on me about ebay anyway.

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
That's a great plan guys.  We ought to just list all of them on here and claim em.  I had noticed the same thing about a bunch of us bidding against eachother.  I agree with Gizz, about not bidding against someone I recognize (and he can thank me for letting him get that PF for $30 the other day XD).  <font size="1">*J/K, i wasn't going to buy it anyway*</font>

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there a way we can all post our ebay names somwhere on this site?  My name I use on ebay is different than the one I use here so it may be difficult for use to tell who is who.  I think it is a great idea.  We can check to see who is the high bidder and make sure we don't run the bidding up on that camera if it is one of us already bidding on it.  Just a thought.  

jayber

Reaction score
They can have 'em!  I just located 15 PF Dates and I'll let you all know where once they're in my sweaty hands.......HeHe

DabaDabaDaba.....Do I hear 50?......Anybody 50?!  ROTF  Sorry, these babies are PRICELESS.....

billyray

Reaction score
Wow, just checked to see if Matt had the high bid on that cam and it's up to $51.13!! and still over a day left.

passgas55

Reaction score
Buyer beware on ebay!!!! I won a bid on a cam,sent in my check,check was cashed,no camera,no answer to my emails about where is the cam. Going on 3 weeks . Watch out for 1a.m        

gizz

Reaction score
That $ucks! Thanks for making us aware. Have you reported this person? Let us know if you ever get it.

Buckoholic

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I have always feared that problem would happen to me so I have never used Ebay. I know a lot of people that do and so far they have not been taken. Thanks for the heads-up. I hope you still get your camera though. Is there anything else you can do to report this to the people at Ebay or is that the risk you take when doing business sight unseen?

Possum

Reaction score
If you have a Circuit City near you they have the OWL PF.  They also sell on their web site for $57.99.  After I drove around to 100+ Wal Marts over the entire southeastern states I found out it was cheaper to pay the money up front.  Thank goodness gas isn't two dollars a gallon now.  I think I have around $80 (+ wear and tear on my truck and wife) in my second OWL.  I wish now I would have just ordered the addictive thing.

Top Bottom