Economic Stimulus

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Just received this in an email. Don't know the source. Sad but true (well, to some extent).

As you may have heard, the Bush Administration said each
of us would get a rebate check to stimulate the economy.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart , all the money will go to China .
If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs,
If we purchase a computer it will go to India ,
If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala,
If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan ,
If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America.
The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sales,
since those are the only businesses still in the United States .

easymoney

Reaction score
What stimulus?
What a crock of crap, this idea was. What kind of big ticket item can be purchased with 300-600 dollars? Can it be used to pay down a mortgage or buy a home? Can that piddly amount buy an American automobile? How is that going to stimulate the American economy? Me thinks that a piddly little amount like this suggested "rebate"will be spent on cheap imported junk or crack...
If one is to actually have some real money to spend, how about an across the board 8-10% permanent tax cut for all LEGAL American taxpayers. Then we all would be able to keep that money we worked hard to earn and then spend it on American Goods...

DanV

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (easymoney @ Apr 21 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What stimulus?
What a crock of crap, this idea was. What kind of big ticket item can be purchased with 300-600 dollars? Can it be used to pay down a mortgage or buy a home? Can that piddly amount buy an American automobile? How is that going to stimulate the American economy? Me thinks that a piddly little amount like this suggested "rebate"will be spent on cheap imported junk or crack...
If one is to actually have some real money to spend, how about an across the board 8-10% permanent tax cut for all LEGAL American taxpayers. Then we all would be able to keep that money we worked hard to earn and then spend it on American Goods...[/b]

Could fill up your gas tank 2-3 times if you drive a truck . If the Government wants to help us out some and stimulate the economy they should look into the arse holes that are raping us at the pump ( and do something about it ! ) My money does not get spent like it used to because I refuse to fill our vehicles more than once every week or two . No Drivey - No Spendy !!! That can't be good for the economy !

easymoney

Reaction score
Bingo danv, it's all smoke and mirrors.
It takes $75 bucks to top off my truck, so that would only be 8 tank fulls max...
No drivey= no worky= no money to spend on anything, except more taxes...

masonjarlid

Reaction score
We need to get rid of the arse holes that will not let us drill our own oil. I wish there was a way to put a question on the ballot in the November election. Simple yes or no. "Should we drill for our own oil no matter where it is?" I am willing to bet that the majority response would be yes. So whay do we allow the few to decide for the many?

Common Sense

Reaction score
Economic stimulus????? If we want to stimulate folks we shouldn't give away money, instead we should reduce welfare "benefits" to stimulate lazy folk.

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Common Sense @ Apr 21 2008, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Economic stimulus????? If we want to stimulate folks we shouldn't give away money, instead we should reduce welfare "benefits" to stimulate lazy folk.[/b]
BINGO!!!!

rcrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DanV @ Apr 21 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If the Government wants to help us out some and stimulate the economy they should look into the arse holes that are raping us at the pump ( and do something about it ! )[/b]
What do you spouse they should do about it Dan? Nationalize our oil business? Put a price limit on gasoline? The only thing that will do is provide us a shortage of gasoline. People have got to understand on the oil thing you are purchasing a commodity (gasoline) with another commodity (dollars). The problem with dollars is they can and are being produced out of thin air. When the federal reserve is creating money as fast as the presses will run the value of a dollar in relation to the value of gasoline is going to go down. We are buying an imported commodity with an inflated dollar. Everyday that oil hit a new high last week the dollar also hit a new low. Rather then demanding that the government controls business we should demand a sound currency.

Glass eye

Reaction score
I'm going to stimulate my senses with a Hawaiian hog hunt

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I'm going to stimulate my bank account since the Arabs have "over stimulated" my spending habits at the pump of late.

DanV

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rcrosby @ Apr 21 2008, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DanV @ Apr 21 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the Government wants to help us out some and stimulate the economy they should look into the arse holes that are raping us at the pump ( and do something about it ! )[/b]
What do you spouse they should do about it Dan? Nationalize our oil business? Put a price limit on gasoline? The only thing that will do is provide us a shortage of gasoline. People have got to understand on the oil thing you are purchasing a commodity (gasoline) with another commodity (dollars). The problem with dollars is they can and are being produced out of thin air. When the federal reserve is creating money as fast as the presses will run the value of a dollar in relation to the value of gasoline is going to go down. We are buying an imported commodity with an inflated dollar. Everyday that oil hit a new high last week the dollar also hit a new low. Rather then demanding that the government controls business we should demand a sound currency.
[/b][/quote]

We've got reserves underground , sitting in tanks for just in case . How about that Big Ol Pipeline from Alaska not to mention all the offshore drilling they could be doing ? Oil is everywhere to a degree , remember as a kid my Dad and Step-Mom did a couple of exploratory wells on some homesteaded land in NEBRASKA and hit on both , one pumping very large amounts of oil . Oil in Nebraska ? Guess its where you find it ! Just a side note , the relative managing those Nebraskan oil wells over charged according to the govt . Dad was sweating it , hoping the wells would not run dry before they could pay back the 3.5 million to Uncle Sam . Point is if they can go after the little man why can't the govt. go after the big oil companies ?

Maybe you can answer me this one , Why is my diesel way more expensive than even premium ? Don't they refine diesel from the same crude as gasoline with less steps in the process . Seems to me the oil companies are just taking advantage of us all ! Guess What , everything you buy is delivered by a vehicle wether it be by truck or train , meaning everything you buy is going up in price because of this gougeing by the oil cos.

The government ought to jump in and kick some tail and severely , they regulate other items , why not our fuel ? And I don't need to hear the supply and demand theory on fuel , it don't work here . I have easily cut my demand by 50% and I'm sure everyone else has done so , maybe not that much , some maybe more and fuel prices keep just going up !

rcrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DanV @ Apr 21 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The government ought to jump in and kick some tail and severely. And I don't need to hear the supply and demand theory on fuel , it don't work here . I have easily cut my demand by 50% and I'm sure everyone else has done so , maybe not that much , some maybe more and fuel prices keep just going up ![/b]
I ask you what specific ideas you had that the government could take. So your ideas are "jump in" and "kick some tail"? What does that mean? We should bomb or declare war on our oil companies? Or we should nationialize our oil? Do you think the government can provide you oil more efficiently than oil companies?

You are looking at the value of your Federal Reserve Note as a constant and the value of gasoline as the only variable. That just flat out isn't true. Your dollar is not worth what it was yesterday or last week or last year. Why? Because the supply of money has been greatly increased. That is why we are seeing food prices rise at the fastest level in 20 years, record grain prices, record precious metal prices etc etc. Do you suggest we nationialize these industries as well?

Any government price control has always lead to a shortage of the resource, period.

swampy tim

Reaction score
Price of oil goes up, which forces us to work more, to earn more. This means more work for the same quantity of goods and services. More work = more income= higher taxes. Solution; work less, consume much less, screw the rest. S/T

DanV

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rcrosby @ Apr 21 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DanV @ Apr 21 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The government ought to jump in and kick some tail and severely. And I don't need to hear the supply and demand theory on fuel , it don't work here . I have easily cut my demand by 50% and I'm sure everyone else has done so , maybe not that much , some maybe more and fuel prices keep just going up ![/b]
I ask you what specific ideas you had that the government could take. So your ideas are "jump in" and "kick some tail"? What does that mean? We should bomb or declare war on our oil companies? Or we should nationialize our oil? Do you think the government can provide you oil more efficiently than oil companies?

You are looking at the value of your Federal Reserve Note as a constant and the value of gasoline as the only variable. That just flat out isn't true. Your dollar is not worth what it was yesterday or last week or last year. Why? Because the supply of money has been greatly increased. That is why we are seeing food prices rise at the fastest level in 20 years, record grain prices, record precious metal prices etc etc. Do you suggest we nationialize these industries as well?

Any government price control has always lead to a shortage of the resource, period.
[/b][/quote]

rcrosby , I answered this thread to just state my opinion and not to get in a pissing contest with you ! I've got better things to do so this will be my last responce to you on this thread . Have a nice day .

troll

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Apparently rcrosby is ok with the price of fuel.?.?.?[/b]
No, he is NOT ok with the value of the dollar (correct me if I'm wrong, rcrosby).

#1 The rise in the price of oil due to growing demand has been compounded by our weak dollar because of international trade.

The value of our dollar was linked to the value of gold. That is no longer true. Check the prices of gold and then check the value of the dollar. You'll quickly see the discrepency.

#2 We have too much federal debt and trading deficit.

Here is an interesting article on the subject of the value of the dollar:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8031303620.html

rcrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (troll @ Apr 22 2008, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Apparently rcrosby is ok with the price of fuel.?.?.?[/b]
No, he is NOT ok with the value of the dollar (correct me if I'm wrong, rcrosby).
[/b][/quote]

Bingo Troll.

What does it mean, "I am alright with the price of fuel?" What is to be alright about? The price is the price. I can either purchase it or find an alternative. I don't demand that through some figment of my imagination their is some magical force that will lower the price. I am telling you if there was a price limit of say $3.00 there would be no gasoline. So what is your solution? A solution needs to be concrete facts not some nammby pamby commi crap of wishing gas was cheaper and the government is going to do something about it. Now if you are talking about opening up domestic production I am on board. If you are looking for government price controls they won't and never have worked.

Look at the ratios. 1 oz of gold has historically has purchased somewhere between 7 and 12 barrels of oil. Currently it is close to 8 as governments sell off some of the gold reserves. You can do it with wheat, sugar, gold, silver, platinum and the ratios are very close. Our dollar is worthless, gasoline is not expensive. Until we get out of the fairytale notion we can print our way out of debt and provide everything to everyone while fighting a global war, it is going to take more of your dollars to trade for anything of value. My suggestion is to get out of dollars as fast as you can. Buy things that have concrete material value. Precious metals, wheat, bullets, firearms and load up on currently minted nickels. Seriously consider your dollar dominated investments including the stock market.

easymoney

Reaction score
Boy yous guys are making way too much sense and me thinks the sheeple will be tuning you out in order to catch the latest dancing with the stars ...

There are many solutions to these problems but like something so simple as cutting spending, we will never get politicians or government to do anything.
IMHO,
Remove all the environmental taxes and repeal all mandates, in order to allow Americans to tap into American oil and natural resource that would free us from dependence on islamic radical oil....
And remove all taxes on gasoline until we have a true viable alternative in the system...
Then get the economy back on line by yanking all trade aggreements and incentives, impose strict tarriffs on all nations not allowing American goods and produce to be sold in their own countries...
Call in all foreign debt incurred over the last 75 years and make them pay it all back, NOW...
Get the government out of the dollar bill printing business unless it is backed directly by gold...
Stop loaning, giving or selling arms and weapons of any kind to any foreign nation, period...
Round up all ILLEGALS, send them back where they came from with a bill for all services they used while "visiting" the USA...
Should I go on? I have a hundred more where those came from...

rcrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (easymoney @ Apr 22 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Boy yous guys are making way too much sense and me thinks the sheeple will be tuning you out in order to catch the latest dancing with the stars ...[/b]
I tuned out of that show when Sara Evans left.

Like usual, those are some great ideas easymoney.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Call in all foreign debt incurred over the last 75 years and make them pay it all back, NOW...[/b]
I agree with you 100%. But with somewhere around $9,000,000,000,000 in debt that the people of the United States owe and 65% of that debt owned outside the United States what do we do when they demand that debt paid in full?

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom