EdgeStar FP630 Portable Refrigerator or Freezer - 63 Qt. AC/DC, Cooler. Fridge

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
A buddy showed me some ice cream in the middle of the sand dunes at glamis and this was what he was using, an Edgestar AC/DC fridge. They are kinda spendy but im tired of dicking around with ice and always wanted to make some root beer floats while camping. I just plugged it into my cig lighter for a trial run while deer hunting. It was warm so having cold drinks handy was a welcome treat.

The setup was easy to figure out. Just set the cut off voltage, 11.0 VDC for my truck, set the temp you want and boom, youre in bidness. I let it run all night at 25F and my truck still started ok. The amp draw is like 5.5 A on regular and 2.75 A when in low mode. I need to verify that with my DVM.

Lots of room in the 64 qt model i got and they make a bigger and smaller unit. This one was $600 on Amazon.

It comes with a 6 ft cig cord which was a it short, I had to turn the cooler the wrong way i wanted it for the cord to make it. Gonna see about extending the cord or mounting a cig lighter receptacle near it. 8 ft AC cord also, i havent run it off AC yet.

The only issue i had was the corner was dented on delivery. Reading the reviews it appears this happens a bit from lazy delivery people. Ive caught my driver being lazy and not breaking out a handcart for heavy package so he duck walked it up the driveway and tossed it down damaging the corner just like they did this one.This one still worked so i didnt mess with sending it back and it will be out of sight in the truck. But still, it would be nice to get one undamaged.

Temp range is -8 °F to 50 °F and it will hold a stable temperature under most conditions. Insulated metal walls will keep food cold for hours, even without electricity! In a hurry to freeze something, press the "Fast Freeze" button to rapidly cool the unit to -8 °F and maintain this freezing temperature. 2 removable wire baskets for storage.

The FP630 is powered via AC (1A) or DC (5.5A/2.75A) power and comes with cables for both applications. You can plug the unit into both power sources at once and the unit will switch between the two automatically with the AC power being the dominant source. (DC voltage will power the unit if the AC power source is discontinued or drops below a particular threshold). Ive seen some people running these off a solar panel and battery in a camp, ive gott a panel and battery to try that next.

Dimensions: 20 11/16" H x 28 1/8" W x 17 7/8" D, Weight was about 60 lbs, its a pig to move around but the sturdy metal handles help.

Photo_1570074449670.jpgPhoto_1570074450500.jpgPhoto_1570074449340.jpgPhoto_1570074450146.jpgPhoto_1570074449670.jpgPhoto_1570074450500.jpgPhoto_1570074449340.jpgPhoto_1570074450146.jpg

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Boy did this pay off when power went off in the whole valley around mammoth. Fridge in motel room defrosted and no stores were open for ice. This would make a good backup for a disaster when you have no power.

Top Bottom