Elk pics

wapiti

Reaction score
Here is one of my latest elk pics.

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Could you get the camera a little closer next time??:smile-blue: Was that the only pic of him? It would have been nice to see his head gear!

wapiti

Reaction score
This was the only pic of that one.  Here is an only pic of another one.  I beleive it is a different one because of the size of the brow tines

davered1

Reaction score
Wapiti,

I got one of those to,except mine is a bear (camera was all messed up on tree next day,not broke but bungee cord gone and camera down tree about 1.5 feet)

Welby

Reaction score
So wapiti, you puttin' name tags on 'em before season starts??  That's what we do to turkeys around here before we get 'em.  Ha ha

Good pictures.  Very exciting stuff.

wapiti

Reaction score
We are having our first hunt in KY this week.  So far 5 out of 6 hunters have scored, one with a bow, 2 with muzzleloaders and 2 with rifles.

Possum

Reaction score
I like those pics.  Maybe I can get SCDNR to import elk to our state.:laffin-yellow:

wapiti

Reaction score
I just got my last 2 elk rolls developed.  Here is a bull pic.  

gizz

Reaction score
Is there some type of re-intro of Elk in your state?
Here in PA The Game Commission is re-introducing ELK and is having the first ELK hunt this year. 15 tags for bulls 15 for cows. I believe most are tagged like yours as well.
Those are neat pics!

wapiti

Reaction score
Yes Gizz, KY now has the largest elk herd east of the Mississippi. We are nearly through with the restoration phase which is releasing 1800 animals in a 2.6 million acre area.  We've gotten elk from UT, OR, AZ, ND, and KS.  We estimate a herd of 7400 animals in 15 years.

Or first hunt was this year, 6 bulls, 6 cows.  The bull hunt was Oct 6-12, 6 nice bullls were taken, one with a bow 2 with muzzleloaders.

These early hunts are funding mechanisms for continuing restoration in the remainder of the zone.

For 10.00 you can apply for a KY elk hunt, if you get drawn a 115.00 NR license is needed.  The applications for next year will start in December.

gizz

Reaction score
The first PA Elk hunt starts this week i think??. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I think for the number of Elk we have here in PA(Estimated to be around 725) that an Elk hunt is uncalled for. The PGC estimates 1300 elk by 2005. Problem is people are complaining that the elk are eating their landscaping and farm crops and the PA game commission needs to raise some money to help pay for the costs of keeping them away. Hope it all works out in the end cause it'd be neat to see some free ranging elk in the area.

(Edited by gizz at 8:47 am on Nov. 12, 2001)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Purdy Close alright!

Them Horns Look DANGEROUS

If you have a Raging Bull charging you from one direction and a mad grizzly from the other, which one would you shoot first?????

Tinhorn

Idaelk

Reaction score
This trailcam stuff is plain awesome. A few weeks ago I put my cam out over a small seep and 2 weeks later went back to get my cam, it was a full roll. I had about 10 false due to facing the cam south,but I got what I was after some elk! Our bowhunt starts in 12 days I'm pumped to say the least. Remember to click the red house looking link to see the pics.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Great shots Idalelk.

I guess that bull in image 004 didn't like the camera click. Perfect example on how to unass a wallow in under 50 nanoseconds.

Good luck on your elk hunt. If you get time please post your pic link in the elk forum, some of those guys are jonesing bad.

Tominator

Reaction score
Beautious! I have friends with a cabin in Island Park that have been after me for years to come out and hunt elk with them but the Non-Res license is just too much at this time.
Tominator

Top Bottom